Need at least 10lb

Anyone know of ways I get at least ten pounds, see I know I'm supposed to eat morefoods and continue working out which I can do by he way but I need to know Is some high caloric foods and supplements that will make my job just a little bit easier!

Replies

• Travistarrant426
    Travistarrant426 Posts: 11 Member
    Really depends on what budget you've got and your taste in food. Are you wanting to put on weight with healthy foods or just as quickly as possible?
    You cant go wrong with oats and full fat milk for breakfast. A bowl of oats e.g 150g with full fat milk is like 700-800 calories. There's weight gainer supplements out there that you can get 1000 calories a day from in a shake. If you are not bothered with regards eating healthy there's absolutely loads of things to eat aha.

Just make sure you spread out your calories throughout the day, otherwise it's an uphill struggle to gain weight.
  • RedWolf09
    RedWolf09 Posts: 90 Member
    If you like ramen, sometimes I eat 3 top ramen blocks at once. Just plain without the seasoning. It adds about 1100 cals, 156g carbs, 30g protein. Super easy to eat compared to other things imo.
  • RedWolf09
    RedWolf09 Posts: 90 Member
    And it is cheap!!
  • catt952
    catt952 Posts: 190 Member
    Really depends on what budget you've got and your taste in food. Are you wanting to put on weight with healthy foods or just as quickly as possible?
    You cant go wrong with oats and full fat milk for breakfast. A bowl of oats e.g 150g with full fat milk is like 700-800 calories. There's weight gainer supplements out there that you can get 1000 calories a day from in a shake. If you are not bothered with regards eating healthy there's absolutely loads of things to eat aha.

Just make sure you spread out your calories throughout the day, otherwise it's an uphill struggle to gain weight.

I wouldn't consider oats calorific, and they are so fulling i don't know how you manage to eat that amount.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member

you can gain weight eating a balance of nutrient dense and calorie dense foods and still be "healthy." Incorporating ice cream and pizza into a diet that hits micronutrients does not make said weight gain unhealthy …

I don't know why people always want to set up this false choice between foods...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Anyone know of ways I get at least ten pounds, see I know I'm supposed to eat morefoods and continue working out which I can do by he way but I need to know Is some high caloric foods and supplements that will make my job just a little bit easier!

look for foods that are full fat like cottage cheese, yogurt,etc…avocado, peanut butter, olive oil are also good sources of calories. Make sure you eat nutrient dense foods like chicken, vegetables, fish, etc; however, once your nutrient needs are met there is nothing wrong with filling in your calories with bagels, ice cream, oreos, pasta, etc.

two servings of ice cream = about 400 calories and that is easy to get down...
  • Travistarrant426
    catt952 wrote: »
    I wouldn't consider oats calorific, and they are so fulling i don't know how you manage to eat that amount.

What other breakfasts are healthy and mean that you're going to pack roughly 850 calories in?

It's slow digesting I agree but if you eat 150g. Which is a big bowl you soon get used to it.
    If I was to eat 800 calories of any other popular cereal you're talking 3-4 bowls!
  • Travistarrant426
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    you can gain weight eating a balance of nutrient dense and calorie dense foods and still be "healthy." Incorporating ice cream and pizza into a diet that hits micronutrients does not make said weight gain unhealthy …

I don't know why people always want to set up this false choice between foods...

You're missing the point. The point I was making was you can bulk NOT tracking macros and gain weight by eating unhealthy, many people who want to put on weight as fast as possible do this.

Of course you can get in "unhealthy foods" into a macronutrient diet. I absolutely agree but not everyone tracks macros nor cares about them.