Coffee creamer recipe Ideas?

Shawna0427
Shawna0427 Posts: 52 Member
I wish I could drink coffee black, and I'm trying to get there one day but for now, I have to have my creamer. I don't use anything that says fat free, sugar free or low-fat so I use a regular, full fat creamer. Does anyone have a good homemade recipe they use for creamer? I've heard about using cinnamon but that just didn't work for me.

Thanks!

Replies

• shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Cinnamon is great. The key is to add it to the grounds before you brew the coffee. I also little adding a little vanilla extract to my coffee grounds.

Mostly I just buy my favorite store brand creamer and use it sparingly and log it.
  • Shawna0427
    Shawna0427 Posts: 52 Member
    Oh! Ok I'll have to try adding it before brewing. I never knew that.
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    I use to drink coffee allllll day long ....now I just have a cup in the mornings with full fat vanilla cream ...I hope you are successful at finding something to replace your cream
  • pandapotlovebug
    pandapotlovebug Posts: 59 Member
    Almond milk is low calorie.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    edited August 2015
    I like to make my own cashew milk specifically to use as my coffee creamer. I just blend 1 cup unsalted dry roasted cashews with 4 cups water (a 1 to 4 ratio is what like, but that can be changed depending on how creamy or how watery you want it) and a tsp or 2 of vanilla extract. Don't need to pre-soak cashews like you do with almonds, and you can, but don't really need to strain it through a nut milk bag. Super easy.

8ll91flylgck.jpg
  • shadowconn
    shadowconn Posts: 141 Member
    Just eat the creamer. OR go with almond milk. I budget for creamer.
  • mikestobbs1
    mikestobbs1 Posts: 294 Member
    I add goose fat to my coffee, it's disgusting.
  • caldrich0001
    caldrich0001 Posts: 1 Member
    There is something called "bullet proof coffee"... Low carb coffee. It consists of hevy whipping cream, coconut oil, and butter. I know that sounds crazy, but it's actually really good and it's focusing on a low carb diet, but still gives you the good fats that your body needs. Add all these ingredients to a blender or nutribullet along with your coffee. Then blend. It's delish!
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    This past week I have been on a flavored coffee kick. I bought a bag of starbucks cinnamon dolce, dunkin donuts toasted almond, and dunkin donuts black cherry crisp. I get two "cups" in the morning, and by cup I mean mugful. Each mug gets 1/2 cup of 1% milk and a shake of sweet and low. Very similar nutrition wise to a cup of milk, and WAY healthier than the flavored coffee mate gunk I had been buying. Seriously. That gunk had no protein and all processed oils. Now I get protein and some fat and am as happy as can be.

I will echo what has already been said: flavored beans. I would go with whatever flavor is closest to the flavored cream you loved. For me, life without coffee isn't life! You may have to try a few to find what works, but I encourage you to!
  • fitmomma182
    fitmomma182 Posts: 13 Member
    There is no way I can drink black coffee. I did the 21 day sugar detox and would use just a hint of milk and cinnamon. It was not awful but not amazing either. For something homemade without all the crap, you can use any milk, cream, half and half with a combination of extracts (vanilla, mint). As others have suggested, you can use almond milk or cashew milk.
  • LifeInTheBikeLane
    LifeInTheBikeLane Posts: 345 Member
    I drink my coffee black (Gotta love those underlying tones and flavors!) but my significant other needs his creamer. I used to bring him home some creamer that I would made at work. I would mix heavy whipping cream and sugar free vanilla (or whatever sugar free flavor he wanted at the time). When we are out of everything else I put a splash of vanilla extract and almond milk with cinnamon.

Go to Ross or Marshalls or (if you don't mind paying the extra price) Starbucks or Walmart and get some of the liquid flavors they sell. I always do sugar free because I prefer the taste but you can mix it with heavy cream, almond milk, etc.
  • spanderholic
    spanderholic Posts: 42 Member
    We don't have coffee creamer here in NZ so I use milk in my coffee. If I want it flavoured then I will add an extract, flavoured syrup (hazelnut mmmmm) or a spice. Almond milk works well as well and is rather tasty.
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    edited September 2015
    I just came across Natural Bliss - I believe coffee mate puts it out it's a mixture of non-fat milk, heavy cream and a touch of sugar~ all natural with none of the added bs! I bought vanilla, and a tbsp. per cup of coffee is 35 cals and just perfect in my opinion!

http://naturalbliss.coffee-mate.com/