Anybody trying to loose weight after a surgery/injury?

Options
Is anyone else trying to loose weight or keep a stable weight after a surgery or injury that has affected their mobility? I had hip arthroscopy 3 months ago.

Replies

• shadowconn
    shadowconn Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Good luck. Hopefully they got you scheduled for some PT. I had a major abdonimal surgery in 2009. No PT. I ended up hiring a personal trainer because I was having problems walking due to the back pain. I lost all my core strength. It took about a year and a half before I was normal. And many more years before I had balance. I was a major fall risk for a long time even with personal training.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've been doing PT for about a month. I'm trying to decide on a gym to join when that is over. My one requirement is an indoor pool.
  • shadowconn
    shadowconn Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    cmtigger wrote: »
    Yes, I've been doing PT for about a month. I'm trying to decide on a gym to join when that is over. My one requirement is an indoor pool.

Cool. My favorite gym was always Golds Gym but LA fitness also works all right. The LA fitnesses around me though cater to the hoity toity. SO . . . you may want to view a few gyms before you decide.
  • cmtigger
    Options
    Lol. No chains where I live.
  • jdj595
    jdj595 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Open here surgery. Gained 70 lbs after surgery due to activity restrictions and meds. Desperately need to lose.
  • CutsandCurves
    CutsandCurves Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Gained 30 pounds after neck surgery. Traded muscle mass for fat. Eww gonna get back in shape. Working out makes chronic pain worse.
  • dawniemate
    dawniemate Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Shoulder surgery ouch! !! Injured my shoulder in Feb at work. Just been on long walks 5-6 miles a day. Had surgery two weeks ago I'm now back running. Since feb lost 28 lbs just Cico. No weights for a couple of months though don't want to injur it again. ...☺
  • Tahlia68
    Tahlia68 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I had my 12th major abdominal surgery 4 mths ago and put on 7 kilos. I started exercising 10 weeks ago doing cardio and weight training. I've lost 5 kilos as of today due to daily CI<CO and have lost several inches. I started very slowly and have gradually built up my core strength again. It takes time to get fitness back again, but slow and steady is the way to go. :smile:
  • hamelle2
    hamelle2 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I had my left knee and hip replaced last December. Wish I could have them back. :(
  • Marlan528
    Marlan528 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have had both of knees replaced within 6 months of each other. I lost weight with each one and kept it off until this year. Now I'm trying to get those pounds off and then some. Felt so good and was not even trying. Loss of appetite is what did it for me after the surgeries. Having the surgeries were the best thing I did for myself. Suffered too many years that could of been better with the replacements.
    Only thing I miss is being able to workout on the floor. I will get down once in a while to play with my grandson but getting up kills my knees. So now I'm looking for new ways to get my workouts in.
    Oh and I dropped 30 lbs after surgeries in a matter of weeks.
  • 5ft9andgettingtrim
    5ft9andgettingtrim Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    The hospital food alone im sure melted my weight away after broken femur surgery. Only thing I ate was jellos and soups(broth)
  • cmtigger
    Options
    I've actually had both hips operated on, so the low mobility has been a long term thing. On top of that I'm on a med where weight gain is a side effect. I don't have a ton to loose, but I'd like to get about 15 lbs off.