Such a struggle

Options
I have lost 3.5 stone slowly - using a combo of slimmimg world, mfp and weight watchers
I still have around 7 stone to go but I can't seem to get focussed I seem to be starting a fresh every day and not making it past lunch without going off track - once I have had one bad meal or a meal that hasn't been pointed / weighed / counted or tracked I just go off on a day of self destruction
I know there are different dieters out there and I just seem to struggle, I have always been over weight, I eat emotionally if I am happy or sad and I just feel now that all I seem to do is think about food
Please don't be too judgemental with me - I am just after some support and advice

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Well done! Three and a half stone (49lb) is a third of the way there.

It is sometimes beneficial to take a break and eat at maintenance for a few weeks.
    The down side is, you are still counting, just not as strictly, and you have to be firm on your start back date.

Don't let one meal ruin the rest if your logging day. You are human, just log it and carry on. The worst that will happen is you will lose .1-.3 lb less that week.
    You could also add in a bit of extra exercise to off set the extra calories.

You are doing a lot of different methods for counting your calories. It may be less stressful if you decided on just one.

I am not an emotional eater, so I won't even try to address that question.

Keep up the good work,
    Cheers, h.
  • andyluvv
    andyluvv Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I think what you need to get in the habit of doing is creating a food journal.
    Plan what you are eating for the next day so you'll know exactly where to go. What also helps is making your own stuff - I pack my own lunch for work for example.

If you know you've had enough food to eat throughout the day it'll be easier to say no for that packet of crisps offering or if someone approaches you with cake/biscuits. In regards to emotional eating if you KNOW that is an issue for you, you need to learn to address it. I eat when I'm bored so I tend to either try to get myself distracted (hardly works) or go out for a walk/jog/gym (tends to be more successful). Just find ways to deal with it and you'll be back on track :)
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Ok - You've lost 3.5 stone which instantly proves that you know HOW to do this. I think the issue here is with your motivation and willpower. I imagine you're tired out after all that hard work to lose the weight you've already lost and that's totally understandable - but don't give up now. All of us here probably think about food a little more than we should but that's because it has been an issue for us in the past. The majority of us have over-eaten and the majority of us love food - totally normal.

It's about finding a healthy balance and giving your body what it needs but not in excess. How badly do you want this? What are your goals? Set your self small targets to reach and I promise this'll be easier. Good luck :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Pre-log your days and stick to it.
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    No logging failure is ever permanent. Start again where ever you are. Think of days you went off track as practice. Life is all about 2nd chances. You don't have to wait for the next day for a second chance, start again immediately.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    pre-prep foods

pre-track
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Make it easy on your self believe me
    Throw everything overboard.

Do CICO here on MFP
    Weigh all your solid food on a scale...log it and count. Create a deficit
    Eat everything you want only portion control and planning
    Pre plan your days a day ahead

Exercise if you can and and eat a portion back on top of what MFP gave you
    and i assure you, you will lose weight and you have it much easier.

you can do it, and congratulations on your weight loss before
    But make life comfortable really it dont have to be that difficult.
  • jtate0212
    jtate0212 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    No logging failure is ever permanent. Start again where ever you are. Think of days you went off track as practice. Life is all about 2nd chances. You don't have to wait for the next day for a second chance, start again immediately.

Love this!
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    pre-prep foods

pre-track

Yes