What weight loss book are you reading!?

Options
DietingMommy08
DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
I am reading this book called 'Skinny *****' by Rory Freedman and Kim barnouin and its got a lot of helpful tips. Does anybody recommend any other books??

Replies

• jill5280
    jill5280 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Intuitive Eating by Evelyn Tribble and Elyse Resch. Written by two Registered Dieticians, it works to change your attitude toward food and eating. Pretty radical stuff that is a little scary to consider, but it all works together well if viewed as a process.
  • MFP1984
    MFP1984 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Intuitive Eating by Evelyn Tribble and Elyse Resch. Written by two Registered Dieticians, it works to change your attitude toward food and eating. Pretty radical stuff that is a little scary to consider, but it all works together well if viewed as a process.

I REALLY LIKED THIS BOOK TOO.
    I WAS VERY INTERESTED IN THE FRENCH FALLACY AND SIMILAR BOOKS BY WILL GLOWER. INTERESTING BUT QUITE SPECIFIC AND RANDOMLY SUPPORTING MORE FAT IN THE DIET
  • mkluddeni
    mkluddeni Posts: 1
    Options
    I am reading the Dukan Diet. It is interesting!
  • nayagan
    nayagan Posts: 13
    Options
    On what to eat --> Read the following
    Why we get fat by Gary Taubes.
    Good Calories, Bad Calories by Gary Taubes.

How to Diet
    Ultimate Diet 2.0 by Lyle McDonald

How to Work Out
    Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe

Gary Taubes recommends a low-carb diet but his logic and reasoning is supported by scientific journals. GC,BC is too scientific for the layman but WWGF is a simple and quick read. Lyle McDonald has 5 or 6 books on fat-loss. He also has a really good blog if you don't want to buy his books.
  • mosneakers
    mosneakers Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I've read "The Secret to Skinny". It's all about sodium intake (I noticed I was in the red for a few weeks-this book helped me learn how to control that: http://www.nutritiontwins.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=50&Itemid=57

I also just bought "Run Your Butt Off". I'm doing the C25K program and am really liking running now (who knew!?!?) http://www.amazon.com/Run-Your-Butt-Off-Breakthrough/dp/1605294047
  • lyndyb88
    lyndyb88 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I just bought "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Losing Weight" I'll let ya know what I think of it! :P
  • shesnotthere
    shesnotthere Posts: 117
    Options
    I just finished Gary Taubes' "Why We Get Fat". It totally changed how I am eating. It's too early to report back yet though !

I think Taubes should be read hand in hand with Michael Pollen's "Omnivore's Dilemma", although this is NOT a diet book at all, more about the food we eat in general.