Anyone else find themselves consistently under the calorie goal?

Options
I feel like I eat so much all day, logging in everything accordingly, but I always fall short!! Sometimes I feel like I should eat something just to fill it up, but I'm not even hungry. Do you have a go to snack when you're trying to reach your goal? Or do you just not worry about it? Thanks!

Replies

• aklaw01
    aklaw01 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That is a wonderful question. I to have the same issue. Any help would be great. Thanks!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    No...I have to plan to try to keep to my goal. Being under is just out of the question. Are you weighing all your food on a scale? Sometimes if you're not, you are eating more than you think.

Add something you like to eat or something that will help you reach your macros to the end of your day.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    Sure but I'm sure I underestimate calories like most people so... it works.
  • jamielynette1
    jamielynette1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You know I was thinking that. I don't have a food scale, but being a full time employee and single mom I don't necessarily have time to do much with it. A lot of things I eat I just scan the Barcode so it's all there. I log every piece of fruit and tablespoon of creamer, so I know it's not that.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    You know I was thinking that. I don't have a food scale, but being a full time employee and single mom I don't necessarily have time to do much with it. A lot of things I eat I just scan the Barcode so it's all there. I log every piece of fruit and tablespoon of creamer, so I know it's not that.

If you're not weighing your food, then you're very likely eating more than you think. Even using the barcode scanner I still weigh everything! You'd be surprised how much the amount differs from the label.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options

If you're not weighing your food, then you're very likely eating more than you think. Even using the barcode scanner I still weigh everything! You'd be surprised how much the amount differs from the label.

+1
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I don't have that problem at all. I try so hard to not be way over!

I would definitely not try to fill in those calories since you're not weighing your foods.

I'm definitely all about weighing foods, even those with a barcode. It doesn't really take any time so don't worry about that.
  • shadowconn
    shadowconn Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I don't worry about being a few hundred calories under my goal. I only worry when it's under 1200. But there's a good chance I miscalculated something so I just let it go for the most part.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    There are days when I have around 100 left to spare and I'm not hungry either but I always make sure I use these the best way a can. Depending on the amount left, I'll have something small and chocolatey for a nice little treat OR i'll have a piece of fruit.
  • jamielynette1
    jamielynette1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I'll definitely look into a scale. :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I had that problem at first. It didn't last long.
  • jessathemessa
    jessathemessa Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I had that problem at first because I was trying to eat 100% healthy. If you're eating all salads, veggies, etc it can be hard to hit your goals. However, you shouldn't cut everything out of your diet. Make sure you're eating enough protein and fats. I'm sure if you're under you could bring yourself to eat a cookie at the end of a successful day. You can play around with your meals and add some things you miss. Remember, CICO but also a sustainable diet for when you reach your goal weight.
  • rosiebubbles02
    rosiebubbles02 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    A food scale is essential! I know it might seem like it takes time, but when you can see exactly what you're eating, and how off you've been, it's worth it. Even fruit can have a huge weight range which can affect calorie consumption. I know you said you're going to get one, good for you! It's a total game changer.
  • LeslieB042812
    LeslieB042812 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Yes for the food scale! Fruit can be way off (pun intended!). For example, a medium apple shows as 80 calories, but when weighed, most of the medium apples I get tend to weigh in at 110 calories. Those differences can really add up over a day!
  • kristinhull1
    kristinhull1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    This is how I see it. if im under for the day...By 300 or 100 whatever..Those calories add up over the week...So if you have 300 cals under you goal everyday for 6 days. Thats 1800 calories under your weekly goal..So your cheat day can be 1800 calories over your weekly goal and still wont mess up your diet...Thats how I see it...Its better to be under then over.
  • hartmamp
    hartmamp Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I always wonder why I can't ever have this problem!
  • ald783
    ald783 Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I had that problem at first. It didn't last long.

YEP. I remember those early days when I was like, this is so fun, I'm uber motivated, eating nothing is easy! Now I'd eat 49,000 calories a day if that was an option.
  • sarahhippo2014
    sarahhippo2014 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Can anyone tell me if you have to log veg and Salad most diets I've been on before list them as free foods so I'm a bit confused , any help/views greatly appreciated
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    Can anyone tell me if you have to log veg and Salad most diets I've been on before list them as free foods so I'm a bit confused , any help/views greatly appreciated

Your body counts all calories that go into your mouth, so why wouldn't you?
  • sarahhippo2014
    sarahhippo2014 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yes guess so I'm just thinking of all other diets where you don't - thanks