Gastric bypass in 3-6 mos. Anybody have 100+ to lose?

Options
I am a 47 year old mom that is planning on having gastric bypass in 3-6 months. LOTS of weight to lose and I am trying to incorporate some South Beach Diet principles along with MFP to start the process and live a more healthy lifestyle (That also means giving up a serious diet coke addiction) :D . Would love to find someone on a similar journey to help keep us motivated. Like many others, have tried everything in the book and don't want to get discouraged.

Replies

• vrpeacestar
    vrpeacestar Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am also looking to have gastric bypass in a few months. Drink lots of water; it helps to fight off the addiction to soda because you won't be able to have it after surgery. You can even add flavor to if if you want. I would love to go on the journey with you.
  • phucks1421
    phucks1421 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've been Diet Coke free for almost a week- yay! That was one of the first things they told us in the seminar that we wouldn't be able to have. Have you started the process yet?
  • rejeannern
    rejeannern Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You got my attention. I too need to lose over 175 lbs. My first consultation with surgeon for WLS is November 2, so I'm trying to lose some weight now to get this ball rolling. Would appreciate hearing from anyone in same situation as well. I too have dropped the soda habit since the start of summer and it was surprisingly easy for me to do. Just had to convince myself and I just don't buy it. First support group meeting is this week.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    How much money are you throwing away, exactly ?
  • LoreA1960
    LoreA1960 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    My doctors kept wanting me to have gastric bypass, but I didn't want the possible side effects, etc..so I told my diabetic educator that I would start eating right and I only drank water after that. ( my kidney doctor said I could only have water because my kidneys are only at 38%) I have since lost almost 75 pounds. I was a hard core Diet Pepsi addict but since I stopped drinking it I don't miss it much. Doctor said I couldn't even put flavored drops in because artificial sweeteners fool your body into thinking it's real sugar and has the same effect on the kidneys. I have another 190 pounds to lose and I am determined to do it. Good luck to all who are having the surgery!
  • shaw1happy
    shaw1happy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!