I refuse to give up

Options
Hi everyone my name is Christina I am 42 and it appears my body had shut down. Lol. I have been trying to loose weight for about 2 years now and the weight refusses to leave. I tried and tried I cut calories...I used to exercise 4-5 days now it's only about 3 tunes a week.. This has been a tough road. I am not trying to be 20 again heck for that matter 30 lol I just want to feel beautiful. I've had a tough time getting older I hate the aging body the aches and small pains but what I hate us the middle spread... do I hope this app helps.. Do this is me.

Replies

• bocaeli
    bocaeli Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Keep going! You can do it! Sounds like you need a new and better plan.
  • meowcat4u
    meowcat4u Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Do not give up. I just turned 44. I was 100 pounds overweight. Taking meds for chronic heartburn, sore everywhere, knees of an 80 year old. I have just recently lost 30 lbs in 3 months. My BMI dropped 10%, my body fat dropped by 12%. But I did it with diet and exercise. No fad pills or crazy liquid diets. I just eat whole foods, tons of fresh veggies, lean proteins, lots of water, cut out ALL soda, reduced sugars as much as possible, eat healthy snacks in between meals and exercise daily. I started with 1200 calories a day. Lean protein rich, complex carbs, "good" fats and walking everyday. I could go 2 miles in 45 minutes. Then I found I could easily go more. Now I am up to 6 miles in 1.5 hours. I also added weight training 3 days a week on top of my cardio. I have 2 active boys, but still make the time for myself. I can't be the best mom to them if I am tired, fat and unhealthy. I still have 70 lbs to go, but I am giving myself a year to do it. I haven't taken my heartburn meds in over 2 months. No heartburn! I attribute that to eating fresh, whole foods and cutting out all of the processed crap. Just keep focused on today. Log everything you eat. Even that one cookie. That really helped me identify where my calories were coming from. Once you get in the habit it becomes second nature. Don't expect it to happen over night. If you keep going, you will be amazed at your progress. If you are truly tracking all of your calories, and you are really exercising 3-4 times a week but not losing weight, check with your doctor. You may have a thyroid issue. Just make sure your eating the right foods. Processed foods are the enemy. Do not give up. Stay focused. Stay positive. You can do this!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    You're already beautiful!
    Keep going. Track what you eat and don't pay too much attention to the scale - it's great to use to keep pace but not always entirely accurate. You can do this!
  • JoeyTajzai
    JoeyTajzai Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    Keep going it's so worth it.. REMEMBER the easy way out is always there, but you won't take that way out because you're STRONG!