64 Pounds Gone!! Size 16 to 6! I Did It!!!!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• 150bymay
    150bymay Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am so happy for you and your family !!
    They need a healthy momma !!
    Your post is very encouraging !
  • WicklowWanderer
    WicklowWanderer Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! A story with pics and a happy ending! Thanks for sharing!
  • cupcakegirl81
    cupcakegirl81 Posts: 2,030 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You are beautiful!
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    Awesome work, way to take control of your life! xo
  • MmmDrop
    MmmDrop Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    ladyrixx wrote: »
    Which natural thyroid are you on? I've been trying for years to get someone to prescribe me Armour...

I am taking Naturethroid and Cytomel. Loving it!

TnTWalter wrote: »
    wowee. amazing! stunning...would love more info on your weight training.

Compound lifts! Back squat, front squat, deadlifts... and I go heavy! :D That's basically it. Because of my hypothyroidism, and PCOS, I'm more susceptible to blood sugar issues. I decided to get strong, and build muscle to change the way my body was using glucose. Its definitely helped! The bonus is that the muscle makes everything so much smaller! I don't remember ever being a size 6 before! In my 20s, even at 135 pounds I was wearing a 10 at least!
  • Selenesin
    Selenesin Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Great job, i hope one day I too will be able to post my success story!
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    OMGosh! I hardly get on the forums anymore but tonight I stumbled across your post. My doctor is pushing me to irradiate my thyroid (kill it off) and I keep telling her no because I continuously hear stories like yours and how hard it is to find that balance of meds. She keeps pushing. I refuse to do it and your post just confirms my reasoning. I'm going to have to find a new doctor. Thank you so much for posting this!

And you look amazing! I love to lift as well. Been doing it for over a year now :)
  • livluvlift
    livluvlift Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    What an incredible story, thank you for sharing! Also, you look fabulous!
  • Girafficorn
    Girafficorn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What an amazing success story! Very inspiring! Keep being your awesome self and staying focused on your goals :)
  • mfm143
    mfm143 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    MmmDrop wrote: »
    I can't believe I'm actually being able to post in this section!!! I wanted my weight loss journey to be a success, but after 7 years of health issues, I never really thought it was possible. Regardless of my pessimism, I fought on, and now I am so glad I did!

7 years ago, I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, and my hormones went berzerk. Less than a year after she was born, I was diagnosed with Graves Disease.

Overdosed on anti-thyroid meds, I quickly gained 80 pounds onto my 130 pound body. Quickly. In just a few months. I could barely get myself out of bed, lost an unbelievable amount of hair, my joint pain made doing anything unbearable, and I now have a swiss cheese memory of my daughters first years. Doctor number 2 suggested my first visit to have my thyroid removed, and that my disease would be more easily controlled after it was gone. He never bothered to look at my lab results to find that I was being overdosed. Yet I had blind faith, and did as he said. After your thyroid is removed you HAVE to take thyroid replacement medicine for the rest of your life or you will go into a myxedema coma and die. According to my doctor treatment post thyroidectomy was simple, and it would be just a matter of time to get my dosage dialed in. Wrong. Some people do just fine on synthetic thyroid hormone. I was not one of them.

To make a long story short, I finally wised up, researched, and learned as much as I could. I sought out doctors by word of mouth from other thyroid patients who would actually help me! I was tired of being pat on the head by doctors, and everything I would say completely dismissed. To my previous doctors I knew nothing, and how I felt mattered not one bit. I was tired of being ignored. Finally, I found relief in my new doctors. I found I had not just Graves Disease, but Hashimotos, PCOS, and was extremely anemic and Vitamin D deficient, and treatment began.

2 years ago, I started lifting heavy with the help of one of my husbands military buddies who was level 2 Olympic Lifting certified, and I never looked back. We trained 4 days a week in his garage gym, and then I went on my own. I lift heavy 5 days a week, for 2 hours a day. Compound lifts are my absolute favorite! Front squat is sitting at 210, Back squat 270, Deadlift 335. Earlier this summer, I started going to classes at my local yoga studio to show my new muscles loving - and I'm addicted! I have my whole family going with me now. :smile:

Anyways. I lost my first 20ish pounds after switching from synthetic thyroid hormone to a natural one. All water weight. The bulk of the weight I've lost has been just since January of this year after I had gotten my hormones optimized, and deficiencies treated!

9juougowu4mu.jpg
    fc302lpeuv5n.jpg

I too had a total thyroidectomy but it probably saved my life as I had stage 4 thyroid cancer - btw can barely see your scar - skip 4yrs to today totally cancer free on the right dose of synthroid ( so important as you said ) and 2 mo into my w/l journey - almost 10lbs down - can you tell me more about your routine? Whet weight did you start at ? How long did it take you to increase your lifting? Thanks - great inspiration !
  • allycatnicole
    allycatnicole Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I was scimming through the success stories to see if I could somehow get motivated. Your story absolutely motivated me. I was diagnosed with pcos at age 16 and the medicine and shots I was given were suppose to help but only made me balloon up within a few months. Currently 18, I have just been wallowing in doubt on how I could never get back in shape and lose the weight because of my medical condition, and how far I'm going to have to go to reach my goal. You beat the odds, you didn't give up, it can be done, you have motivated sincerely. Thank you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!