Hello again! Restarting this journey..

Options
Hi everyone,
I hope you are good :)
I've been on MFP for a few years now and the last time was on it (3 years back!), it was super helpful and really helped me with my weight loss goals.
Fast forward a couple years - I moved to a new place, started a new job and just generally lost track of my goals. I ended up gaining half the weight I'd lost :(
I'd been slightly anxious about starting again, but I know I need to do it. So, I'm back. I won't be able to join a gym since where I live is pretty far from a gym, so I plan to either do the 30 day shred or do blogilates. Does anyone have any tips/advice on either of the 2? The problem with me is that I get bored of the same workout for too long and that's usually my challenge with 30 day shred. But I also know that it gets results. I want to try blogilates too though.
Really appreciate any help or guidance. Thank you in advance!

Replies

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I have no experience with the 30 day shred or blogilates (I'm not sure what they are, to be honest!).
    You don't necessarily need a gym to work-out, there are thousands of 'home work out' plans online. If you use Pinterest, you'll find even more. It'd definitely be worth printing a few of those out and then after six weeks, find a new batch!

Good luck! :)
  • Tracey_B_72
    Tracey_B_72 Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    I've done the shred twice and I'm starting again today, I've done it the right way which was good as I felt and saw myself getting better at it each day and I've also done it by rotating each day so day 1-wk 1, day 2-wk 2, day 3-wk 3, day 4-wk 1, day 5-wk 2, you see the pattern it stops the boredom.

I'm starting it again today and I'm doing 7 days one each week with my last week being on a rotation.
  • ellarishee
    ellarishee Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I tried doing the 30 day shred about a year ago. I didn't understand the importance of a caloric deficit at the time and so I didn't really see any results, because I was still eating too much. So I can't really account for it's results, but any form of exercise will add to a caloric deficit and thus make you lose weight.

One thing I will say is that Jillian annoyed the hell out of me, and the repetitive nature of the program just wasn't for me, but if you can get over that, then go for it!

I'm using videos from fitnessblender.com at the moment. I like the variety and the fact that I can do something different each day, and they have something for everyone. Finding something you'll actually stick to is the most important thing imo!
  • vanilakitten
    vanilakitten Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! I'm going to try and do anything that basically makes me move for atleast 30 mins a few times a week. Keeping fingers crossed :)
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    even just walking will help. remember, exercise is more for HEALTH than weight loss. you lose weight in the kitchen.

before i joined a gym, i walked 3-5 times a week.