Started July 31st. Lost 12 lbs.

Options
caroadstar
caroadstar Posts: 33 Member
Started July 31, 2015 and with the help of this app and working out at the gym 3 days a week I lost 12 pounds. 2 days chicken, 2 days fish, 2 days beef while staying at my allowed calories. I day I use as a wildcard where I can have whatever I want as long as I don't over do it too much. I had an eclair on sunday. Yum. I did this before and just walking everyday instead of the gym I took off 35 lbs. I am determined to lose my goal weight and get rid of my belly. Yay

Replies

• Alpha12
    Alpha12 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Great job! Thank you for motivating me today!
  • wonna13
    wonna13 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Great Job. That is something you can do for the rest of your life.
  • SlimEsq
    SlimEsq Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Great job! You must feel so much better!
  • caroadstar
    Options
    still tired alot but yeah feeling better. stuck at 189 for weeks now, argggggggg working out hard and staying within the food/calories plan but not losing weight or inches. trainer says it's the fat turning into muscle. hmmmmm I don't know.
  • Lindaendall
    Lindaendall Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Well done to you, it is really cheering to hear from people who are doing well. :)
  • caroadstar
    Options
    thank you.
  • Jokersurv
    Jokersurv Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    If your exercising you will hit a short period of time where it seems your gaining weight as your body turns fat into muscle. Muscle weights more than fat. If you continue to progress you will eventually start seeing weight loss again. I personally have a smart scale that calculates body fat and muscle mass. I am going through a transition right now were my weight seems to be stuck but if you look at my numbers i am loosing body fat and gaining muscle
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Jokersurv wrote: »
    If your exercising you will hit a short period of time where it seems your gaining weight as your body turns fat into muscle. Muscle weights more than fat. If you continue to progress you will eventually start seeing weight loss again. I personally have a smart scale that calculates body fat and muscle mass. I am going through a transition right now were my weight seems to be stuck but if you look at my numbers i am loosing body fat and gaining muscle

This is not true. Your body does not turn fat to muscle. Also, people don't generally gain muscle in a deficit-especially when one is not running a heavy weight training program.
  • beatua1
    beatua1 Posts: 98 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    caroadstar wrote: »
    still tired alot but yeah feeling better. stuck at 189 for weeks now, argggggggg working out hard and staying within the food/calories plan but not losing weight or inches. trainer says it's the fat turning into muscle. hmmmmm I don't know.

If I were you I would get a new trainer, either he is lying to you to make you feel good about your program, or he is ignorant to basic principles of weight loss and muscle gain.

In either case I'd look for someone new.

Regardless, you are not turning fat to muscle, and you are almost certainly not gaining any muscle while losing weight. It is possible you had some small muscle gains at the very beginning, but those are small and short lived. The vast majority of the time you are not gaining muscle while losing weight.
  • althea5883
    althea5883 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Jokersurv wrote: »

Also muscle doesn't weight more than fat. A pound is a pound is a pound. They take up space differently, however they weigh the same.
  • caroadstar
    Options
    I dropped 2 more last week. I'm really working hard.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!