possible ways to burn 350+ calories

Options
tomorrow i have a family bbq, im aware i will end up eating alot or perhaps not alot but high calorie foods! so i have adde to my diary already what i expect i would eat, and i need around 350 defasit (sorry about my poor spelling) to make my calorie intake even.... so i thought i could go for a 45 min jog around 12min mile which burn 316 calories, but i need more to burn extra on top of that! so basically all i am asking is how i can burn extra! anything at all, cleaning more excerise anything!

may i also add i have no gym equipment nor gym membership. thankyou for your time!

Replies

• barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    maybe run for longer, so do yoga after for a half hour.
  • LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I burn at least 500 or more calories by dong insanity! LOL
  • Smittyinthesun
    Options
    Walking stairs is good for burn, jump rope and swimming is also excellent, or simply walk /jog longer !
  • charc16
    charc16 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    This is what I do after a run to burn more calories:

Run up and down some stairs (super hard!)
    Jumping jacks
    Jump road
    Lunges
    Pushups/crunches (~3 sets of 15 each each)

It's easier to tell the extra calories you've burned if you have a heart rate monitor, not sure if you do. But I know some of these are in the database. I've found its important to knock off some calories though, because the database calories are often high. Good luck!
  • helloburger
    helloburger Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    i will try to jog for longer, but i have a serious blister from the arch in my trainers, so afterna while it gets to sore to carry on! i thought about washing the car to! thanks for the respones
  • jaimejean478
    jaimejean478 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I just found this article on how to burn 100 calories... Good info, walking for 15 minutes should do the trick! I walked 3/4 mile in 15 min to work this morning and my HRM said I burned 104. :)

http://www.ediets.com/news/NewsArticle.jsp?componentPath=&itemType=&start=1&id=1500009#article
  • Arizona_JR
    Arizona_JR Posts: 275
    Options
    Basically any exercise that gets your feet off the ground for the most amount of time - like jump rope or short sprints. You could also just crank up the intensity with a current workout you do. Instead of walking up the hill, try to run part of it. Instead of just running the same pace on the treadmill, crank up the incline to 8% and see if you can keep the same running pace for a minute or two. The whole idea is to add 'more' exercise in the same amount of time as before.

Check Youtube for H.I.I.T. workouts (high intensity interval training). Some require equipment, but some don't. Of course don't do anything you aren't healthy enough to attempt.
  • cdclark81
    cdclark81 Posts: 11
    Options
    This isn't really a response to the calorie burn question, but more of a comment related to what you said about the blisters. If you're getting blisters from the arches in your shoes, maybe you're not wearing the right type of shoes for running? If I were you, I'd go to a running store, and have one of the employees check your feet out. They'll be able to tell you the type of shoe you need based on the shape of your foot.
  • helloburger
    Options
    in reply about the blister, i only got the blister since running 3.65 miles! and ive wore these trainers for 3 months :/ but yes i will look at perhaps gettings a new pair! thanks
  • helloburger
    Options
    in reply about the blister, i only got the blister since running 3.65 miles! and ive wore these trainers for 3 months :/ but yes i will look at perhaps gettings a new pair! thanks
  • helloburger
    Options
    I just found this article on how to burn 100 calories... Good info, walking for 15 minutes should do the trick! I walked 3/4 mile in 15 min to work this morning and my HRM said I burned 104. :)

http://www.ediets.com/news/NewsArticle.jsp?componentPath=&itemType=&start=1&id=1500009#article

this is a great article, i will try to do abit of everything on the list!
  • jmgj27
    jmgj27 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    How's about steps up and down for half an hour. Burns around 500 cals if you weigh about 76kgs. Remember to change lead legs though (I forgot for too long and ended up with one sore calf for a couple of days!) :bigsmile:
  • tbelivea
    tbelivea Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Mowing the lawn and gardening burns loads :D
  • helloburger
    Options
    also I weight only 116 pounds so its difficult to burn calories anyway (im only 5"1) so maybe if I have hand weights will this increase the calorie burn when doing step aerobics?