lose wieght rapidly

Options
I need to lose weight fast for my uncle's wedding

Replies

• LisaAnn642015
    LisaAnn642015 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You can go on Larry North's 7 day size down which promises a loss in one dress size but you must follow the diet exactly and workout everyday which is easy exercise routine ( walk, pushups, situps, lunges, and squats. It says at the end of one week you should be down 1 dress size as long as you follow exactly the system for example breakfast is egg substitute with veggies and oatmeal: lunch is chicken breast with green beans and plain baked potato. And the next 2 meals you alternate the same 2 above no substitutions. Hope that helps :)
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    The maximum recommended weight loss rate is 2 lbs/wk, and only that if you are significantly overweight. Anything faster is potentially very dangerous.

Set your stats and goals in MFP for 2 wks and eat to the calorie level it gives you, which would be at a 1000 calorie/day deficit. Log accurately, use a food scale.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Why do you need to lose weight fast for an uncle's wedding. Are you not going to be allowed to attend?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    You can go on Larry North's 7 day size down which promises a loss in one dress size but you must follow the diet exactly and workout everyday which is easy exercise routine ( walk, pushups, situps, lunges, and squats. It says at the end of one week you should be down 1 dress size as long as you follow exactly the system for example breakfast is egg substitute with veggies and oatmeal: lunch is chicken breast with green beans and plain baked potato. And the next 2 meals you alternate the same 2 above no substitutions. Hope that helps :)

So like water weight, geez.
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    If it is one week from today you can go low sodium (500mg/day minimum) and low carb (50g/day) for the week. You'll only lose fat based on your calorie deficit, but you'll drop a lot more water weight. It'll bounce back as soon as you eat carbs and sodium, but it would be fast and safe.

Otherwise you have to lose it at the 1-2lb rate like the rest of us. Unless you are really overweight, and then you can maybe do 3-4, but then we are talking morbid obesity.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    mamis14 wrote: »

That's not how it works. Weight loss isn't a race, and you don't do it for an appearance at special events. You do it right, the healthy way, and you look the way you look when you go to the wedding. It's your relatives, they love you for you, and aren't judging you on how you look, which is how you look now anyway. Take the time to do it right for your health.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options

So, water weight. That's silly.

OP, you can't lose weight fast. You lose weight by eating at a deficit and being patient.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Never lose weight for an event. If you need to lose weight for yourself, then lose it, and maintain your loss. In the meantime, start dress shopping and find something that is the correct size for your current body and looks amazing.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    You should've started sooner then. Fast weight loss usually means you will gain it right back. Eat at a reasonable yet responsible deficit and have fun at the wedding no matter the weight you are .
  • happyhomemaker88
    happyhomemaker88 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Soak in an epsom salt bath for 20 minutes before getting dressed for the wedding. It relieves you of excess fluid and makes your clothes fit better and takes swelling out of your ankles and legs. Don't over soak as I've read that it could be potentially dangerous. I would assume a couple of cups of epsom salt to an average tub of water. I've never soaked my entire body but it does work for the ankles and feet for sure. Otherwise it's slow and steady on the weight loss 2 pounds per week max.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Soak in an epsom salt bath for 20 minutes before getting dressed for the wedding. It relieves you of excess fluid and makes your clothes fit better and takes swelling out of your ankles and legs. Don't over soak as I've read that it could be potentially dangerous. I would assume a couple of cups of epsom salt to an average tub of water. I've never soaked my entire body but it does work for the ankles and feet for sure. Otherwise it's slow and steady on the weight loss 2 pounds per week max.

Shaking-Head-GIF.gif
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    When is the wedding? 1 - 2 lbs per week is a healthy rate to lose weight. Since you have a lot to lose, you might lose a little faster than that. Any more specific answers would require you to give more detail. Otherwise buy some spanx, have fun at the wedding, and set realistic long-term goals for your weight loss.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    How long have you known about the wedding?
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    We all want to lose weight 'fast' but it's not realistic OR safe.
    You can certainly make a start on your new healthy lifestyle in time for your uncles wedding which will still make you feel fabulous but don't expect these quick fixes. A healthy rate of loss is 1-2lbs per week. In my opinion, a healthy mindset is just as important so perhaps work on THAT for your uncles wedding.. The rest will follow.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    You have 150 lbs to lose and you are so young your whole life is ahead of you. Forget fast and go for sustainable. A crash diet that will have you lose 10 lbs more or less and then gain 20 back will not help you.
  • Tahlia68
    Tahlia68 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    mamis14 wrote: »

Really unrealistic to loose weight for an event? How much do you want to loose? Weight loss is for long term not short term.....
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Get your hair done, get your nails done, buy a killer dress and feel good :)

You won't lose weight quickly in a healthy or sustainable way.
  • sidricks
    sidricks Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Get your hair done, get your nails done, buy a killer dress and feel good :)

You won't lose weight quickly in a healthy or sustainable way.

This. Buy the correct size dress and wear spanx. Also get some very flashy shoes!