Lbs to 199lbs

Options
51 ugh! Seems insurmountable

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    So just lose 10. That's easy enough and then lose 10 more. Just break it up into smaller amounts if the big number scares you. You've got this!
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Options
    susanla11 wrote: »

True, but when you break it down to the daily habits that will lead to your goal - eating a little less, being a little more active - it's easily doable. Take it one day at a time. :+1:
  • Losinandmovin
    Losinandmovin Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    It would feel super overwhelming to look at the goal weight. I can't even wrap my head around that, so I focus on 5# at a time. I aim for one pound a week. One step at a time, OK? ☺
  • lindaloo1213
    lindaloo1213 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    You can do it. One pound at a time. Every pound is one pound closer.
  • yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    41 lbs to many ;)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    It doesn't feel insurmountable from the other side

It feels like "shoot, why did I make so much fuss for so long. Should have just knuckled down and done it because being 56lbs lighter and ten times as fit bloody rocks"

Stop wailing and commit

If mildly asthmatic, chronically lazy, middle aged loves her food couch potato me can do it ...so can you
  • hamelle2
    hamelle2 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Hi Sus! Have you ever Googled a picture of one pound of fat? It's awesome to see!
    Do what you're supposed to do today...ok?
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    one pound at a time! i started at 260 in january and am 188 as of friday!

youve got this!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i can tell you, i break mine down into 'easier' goals - for me, 20/ 25 pound increments.....
  • JLCrunch
    JLCrunch Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    30.6 But as others have said, I look at it on a smaller scale.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Gazillions of unspectacular people have done it and you can, too. Once you commit to doing it, the weight comes off. After that, it's just a matter of working and waiting. Lots of waiting, lots of patience required.

But you'll get there. :)
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options

Something my husband has to remind me of, because I seem to forget - you don't stay fat until you reach your goal. I think in our minds we say, "oh no, this will take me a year," and we don't think about the fact that we don't stay fat that whole year and then boom we're at goal. We shrink slowly to that point. You'll look and feel better a lot sooner than you think, even before you've lost 51 pounds. :smile:

• harmar21
    harmar21 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    sure it does now, so set short term goals. Hell I started at 350lbs and losing 175lbs seemed impossible. So I just set milestones. Now I am exactly 1 year in and down 105lbs. 70lbs still seems impossible, so my next milestone is <220lb by christmas. And even though I am still 70lbs short of my goal, I feel & look way better than a year ago, and it excites me to think about how I will look and feel 70lbs less from now.
  • NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else has said, it's just one pound at a time. I started at 263. I thought I would never get to 200, let alone my goal of 145. However, I decided to forget about the end goal and just look at it week by week and that has made all the difference. I'm now down 99 pounds and have only 19 left to go. Is it easy? No! Is it worth it? ABSOLUTELY!
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options

It's not. Started at 287, and am now down to 172. It took less than a year to get to 199.
    My first goal was to lose 37 lbs to get to 250. Your current weight was my first goal weight. :)

• BernieMBurke
    BernieMBurke Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I started at 250 in March and just went under 200 this weekend. I know I'm a guy and we lose faster, but it's just slow and steady. You just have to work at it and be really patient. You'll see it in how your clothes fit a lot faster that in the scale. I've gone from a 38/40 waist to now wearing 34s comfortably. You can do it too!:)
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I focus on 10%. I started this recent attempt at 238, so that's roughly 24 lbs. At 214 I'll have lost my first 10% (and I'm almost there! 217 today :D) At 214 I'll focus on 10% of that and so forth and so on. The lbs I need to lose start getting smaller and smaller..... Right now 10% of 214 would put me at 192 and that number feels very attainable. :smile:
  • SaffronSunrise
    SaffronSunrise Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I've set mini goals for myself because that one big number was too overwhelming. I started at 232 and my first mini goal was 180. I just broke under 200 so I have about 20 more to go to get to my first goal. You can do this!
  • susanla11
    susanla11 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Nice to know we are in this together!
  • TuffChixRule
    TuffChixRule Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I broke my goals down to very small increments. Nine months ago I started at 227 and being under 200 seemed impossible. But I gave myself a goal to lose 2 lbs first. Then after I got to 225 it was can I lose 5 more pounds. When I was under 220 I felt incredible, and I knew I could lose more. So I celebrate every 5 pounds with a small, non-food reward. Could be anything from a small "gift" for myself to just writing a positive blog post. It doesn't seem as daunting with small goals. Right now I am only 2 pounds away from 199 and it's very much within my reach. When I do reach 199 I am going to splurge on something like a massage. You can do it, and we are all here to support you :)