Week 1 And weight lost :-(

I have lost 2lb in week 1 but I had a few weeks of blow out drinking and eating crappy food at the weekends, is it normal to drop before you gain with a clean bulk?

Replies

• mikestobbs1
    mikestobbs1 Posts: 294 Member
    No. If you eat more calories than you burn you will gain weight there is no cooling off period. The only thing that possibly happened is you could have dropped some water weight if you cut sodium. Give it another week then add 100-200 calories a week untill you start gaining at your desired pace.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    first, what do you mean by clean bulk?

second, if you are not gaining then add 100 calories a day for a week and if no gain add another 100 calories a day.

finally, do you use a food scale to weigh/measure your foods? You may be underestimating your intake.
  • johannkeen6
    johannkeen6 Posts: 4 Member
    No. If you eat more calories than you burn you will gain weight there is no cooling off period. The only thing that possibly happened is you could have dropped some water weight if you cut sodium. Give it another week then add 100-200 calories a week untill you start gaining at your desired pace.

I think I figured my problem, I was well under on my carbs...... Like half! I sorted that out and the weights gone back on and my muscles look more filled out.

Fingers crossed it continues
  • johannkeen6
    johannkeen6 Posts: 4 Member
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    first, what do you mean by clean bulk?

second, if you are not gaining then add 100 calories a day for a week and if no gain add another 100 calories a day.

finally, do you use a food scale to weigh/measure your foods? You may be underestimating your intake.

I've been eating everything i could to stop me eating bread and past (dodged it for years) ..... I've finally caved and got on the heavy carbs and enough of them and I seem to be sorted.

But yeah I weigh my food as I was underestimating to start with.

Cheers for the help