I'm doing it!!

Options
Last Fall I got on the scale and I weighed a horrific 237. That day, I said enough is enough. I gave up the soda, coke, depending on where you live and what you call it :) Also gave up fast food. Started eating nothing but lean cusines twice a day and sometimes a bowl of cereal. I also started walking around my block a couple of times a week. In about 3 months I went from that 237, down to about 206 to 212. I maintained that body weight up until about 2 months ago, then I decided to get serious about losing weight. Let me explain a few things. Cutting the soda out of my diet, was huge. Yes I had really bad headaches for a couple of days, but a few weeks after that I started realizing I had all this energy to get up and do things, where it was clean the house, do yard work or more energy just for exercise. I have a leg disability called arthrogryposis, basically not all my leg muscles are there, so I wear leg braces to help me walk. Essentially the more I weigh the harder it is for me to get around, that is what promted me to get on the scale last Fall. I started telling myself "Man its hard to get around" my legs were hurting more and I just didnt have any energy. So as of today, June 3, 2011 I'm at about 183, 54 pounds lost total, and about 21 pounds lost since i've been using this website. This website it the first thing out of my mouth when I hear people talking about they want to lose weight. It is such a good tool. My goal is to get down to 140-145, I just have to stay on top of it and do my best. Thanks

Replies

• dmartinz3
    dmartinz3 Posts: 5
    Options
    That is so awesome!!! Good for you!! Keep it up!
  • jmgj27
    jmgj27 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Well done - getting the motivation is so hard in the first place - my ultimate goal is 139 so we're both heading for the same place!
  • PandaFit450
    PandaFit450 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    That is amazing - keep up your good work x
  • jmgj27
    jmgj27 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Well done - getting the motivation is so hard in the first place - my ultimate goal is 139 so we're both heading for the same place!
  • Terriann7
    Terriann7 Posts: 78
    Options
    Way to gp Rusto!! Thank you for sharing your story! Keep up the good work. If you you want to share encouragements I would love for you to friend me. :smile:
  • Ekeras
    Ekeras Posts: 22
    Options
    That's amazing! Great job!
  • TazzytheMotivator
    TazzytheMotivator Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    You can do this, and yes you can!!!:wink:
  • bemoore81
    bemoore81 Posts: 18
    Options
    good job congrats
  • mbamike
    mbamike Posts: 2
    Options
    That is great Rusty! Keep up the good work!
  • electricnarwhal
    Options
    Great job!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Keep it up!!! You'll get there!!! :happy:
  • spr_chkn
    spr_chkn Posts: 48
    Options
    You're doing so well! Feel free to friend me if you need more support :flowerforyou:
  • spr_chkn
    spr_chkn Posts: 48
    Options
    You're doing so well! Feel free to friend me if you need more support :flowerforyou:
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this great post! I never once heard the words "I can't" in your message and you've got a valid reason technically for not being able to do a lot of things people say they are doing. You stayed forward thinking and positive. I love it!!! We need more stories like yours. You should be very proud of your accomplishments. Keep up the great progress :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!