Any Ideal Protein peeps around?

Options
Hi -- I just started Ideal Protein and I'm looking for anyone who is doing it... or has done it (or the Alternative Diet). I've got 60 pounds to lose... I've tried every other diet out there. I know it's all about a lifestyle change, but I guess I've been set in my ways -- lol. Time to make a real change in a few areas of my life. This is a great place to start.

Would love your input and support :smiley:

Alison

Replies

• WRXymama
    WRXymama Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Although the above reply was trying to help....ignore it. (I personally feel if posters don’t have anything to say about the topic posted, they have no right to reply...simple etiquette)
    I have used MFP for several years, doing JUST as that poster suggested. I was always able to hit one certain number. No matter how I adjusted or fit within my macros, I would never break past that. Out of frustration, I went to an IP clinic. I was able to break past the weight that taunted me, and then some. I had lost a total of 60lbs with the IP clinic. With that being said, I no longer go there due to the cost. I have found a group that has IP alternative products that you can use with the same results. I did have left overs, however am transitioning over to the alternative products to get to my end goal.
  • apverbree
    apverbree Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your input. Using MFP to diet with a calorie deficit works, but if you don't actually change your lifestyle, then the weightcreeps back on quickly. So I've started IP with a local clinic. It was tough at first BC I had a lot of trouble with hormones and cravi g carbs and especially sugars. But I've stuck with the protocol and have lost 13 lbs in 4 weeks. I am really liking the changes in my shape! The weight comes off differently with IP. So I am sticking with it and looking forward to losing another 40+.
  • priscillam31
    priscillam31 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Non_Stop wrote: »
    Ditch the diets. Buy a scale, weigh everything...well not everything just your food, stay within MFP calories and your macros according to your current height/weight. It doesn't need to be difficult.

It really is that simple.

Yeah what he said..I thought I needed all the protein powders..yada yada...learned quickly there's a much simpler way!!