Tired of plain ole water!

Options
What does everyone drink besides just plain ole water? Looking for other options......

Replies

• BernieMBurke
    BernieMBurke Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Well, to replace just water, I like to drink Minute Maid Lemonade 5. It only has 5 calories for a 12 oz. can.
  • Lady_Lyrico
    Lady_Lyrico Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I squeeze the juice of half a lemon into my water bottle, or sometimes a whole lime. I find that really refreshing, and don't miss the squash that I used to have. If I'm out of citrus fruit, I have quarter of a glass of orange juice and top that up with water.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,910 Member
    Options
    I make weak tea, usually three different flavors throughout the day.

q72fesulmrw6.jpg
    002.JPG 234.1K
  • aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I cold steep loose leaf tea in a strainer or Bodum. I fill my water bottle with it each morning.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    Mio.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I like the Minute Maid water enhancers. Raspberry Lemonade is my favorite. The mango one...not so much.
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Tejava unsweetened ice tea.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Tea, Mio, spritz of lemon, Biosteel, Crystal Lite, diet soda, soda water, Perrier water.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i like mio or minute maid. i need to work on more tea i think though
  • jgnatca
    Options
    There's the green, the black, the oolongs, the chais, and herb teas. Life is not long enough to try them all.
    A rose hip and mint concoction is citrus-y, red, and interesting.
  • jgnatca
    Options
    Not to mention suspending powdered cocoa in hot water; adding a little stevia, milk and cinnamon.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Flavored seltzer, coffee, tea.
  • dmpolansky
    dmpolansky Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for all the answers. I'm trying to stop drinking sodas because of all the calories, & I'm getting tired of water. Don't know what Mio is. Gonna try some herbal teas.
  • jgnatca
    Options
    Kraft Mio:
    waterx-large.jpg
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,910 Member
    Options
    Some of the Celestial Seasonings Antioxidant teas have stevia in them, so I don't need to add sweetener. (I don't like the stevia that you add yourself.)

A note on green tea - you make it with water less hot than at a full boil. I have an electric water kettle with three settings and the lowest setting is perfect. A hot water dispenser in a bubbler is also perfect.

Also, green tea should be steeped for less time than black. IMO, three minutes is perfect.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I use something similar to Crystal lite, but cheaper, diluted so it's not so sweet, also an infusion from a company called Pur, that jut slightly sweetens and gives it some regenerative qualities.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    i have a soda stream at home and make a lot of sparkling water...I like it with squeezed lime or grapefruit. I also drink a lot of green tea iced.
  • pandapotlovebug
    pandapotlovebug Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Jasmine green tea!

SPARKLING water.
    I try to stay away from artificial sweeteners. I keep a jar of lemon juice to add to my water if I'm out of fresh lemons.
    I'm mostly trying to wean myself off of sugar even in my coffee.
  • Christa_Smith
    Christa_Smith Posts: 24 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    True Lime is delicious!
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Diet soda, and I keep a water bottle with me at all times, to which I sometimes add a fruity flavored green tea bag.