It's not a diet it's a lifestyle

Options
Hi I lost all my weight I was at the size I loved and then I began to think I could eat whatever I wanted and now I'm starting over again

Replies

• snowdancer03
    snowdancer03 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I have the same story! I'm starting again tomorrow and hoping this time when I get to my goal weight I will be able to keep it longer than last time.
  • JeffBrown3
    JeffBrown3 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Yep same situation here.. I hope we learn that the second time around ;-)
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    That's how I found it has to be that way. Went to nutritionists before but they never ever told me that or anything like it. Had to learn it myself.
  • marsinah1
    marsinah1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You might be starting over, but you're coming back primed with experience and the knowledge of what worked for you. I'm a first timer hoping I don't allow myself to become complacent later on.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    "I'm thin, I can eat whatever I want", yeah, been there, done that :s

I'm more careful this time :p
  • sakurablush
    sakurablush Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Yep, same story lol :). I hit my dream weight when I attended university, then was very silly with things like Starbucks coffee, wine and chocolate and started off this year as a size I've never been close to in my life! For 2016, I aim to be that "dream weight" again and stick with it.

Best of luck, and wisdom comes with age!
  • BernieMBurke
    BernieMBurke Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I lost 90 pounds in 2010. But the dang pounds found me and I started over again in March. I'm not only going to lose them, I'm going to exterminate them! :)
  • sealightdolphin
    sealightdolphin Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I was that way before and gained all the weight back and then some more.
  • sbernier1
    sbernier1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am very active, but then kids started getting to that age where they needed me to take them everywhere and less interested in outdoor activities. They always have group school projects and need to be taken to friends' houses or friends need to be picked up or go to the store....etc. I have been taking more time for myself to exercise and I invite them, but too bad for them if they don't want to go. If they ask me to take them somewhere, I schedule it around my exercise time because I am worth it. Sometimes it takes a bit when things change in order to make adjustments and fit ourselves in to the mix. I hope I am successful!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    You can eat whatever you want. You just can't eat as much of it as you want. That's what we forget. :)

Yeah, I know. Now. But not before MFP :D I always tell people "I'll eat anything I want, but not everything at once, and not all the time".
  • ujmalvern
    ujmalvern Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wishing everyone a happy journey :) take it one day at a time