Any 5:2 or ADF people on here?

Options
I am doing a modified 5:2 fast... not quite alternate day fasting but rather aiming for
M, W, F - 1800 cal each
Tues/Thurs - 500 cal each
Sat/Sun - 1,000 cal each

anyone else on here... been seeing a lot of 1200 posts but not many fasters.

Replies

• MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I have been.

I lost close to 50 lbs. on MFP in 2011-12, keeping my cals. the same each day, (12-1500). I regained 25 by not logging for 3 years, so I'm back.

Back then, I worked at home a lot and lived alone, so I had a lot of control over when and where and what I could eat. Now, my days are all crazy different, I'm running around during the weekday, live with a partner, and am more social in a food-centric way on weekends. Keeping calories the same every day doesn't work for me now. I was blown away by some of the research on intermittent fasting, so I thought I'd give IF a try, a sort of 5:2.

I am aiming for:

M: 600
    T: 1000
    W: 1000
    T: 600
    F: 1500
    S: 2500
    S: 2500

Avg. / day: 1385

I'm not super strict, but I know there are days that I barely have time to eat and days when I want to indulge. As long as my weekly average is above 1200 and under maintenance (somewhere around 1750 for me), I'm good. So far, lost 9 lbs. in around a month.

In the first week or so, there were a few days where I felt terrible, but I am playing with my macros and have found a combination that feels good, and I've learned a few tricks to make the fasting days easier. I'm going on vacation next week, so will take a break from having a deficit, but I am planning on keeping up with IF when I return.
  • DebJ618
    DebJ618 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    MyNameIsNotBob -
    That is really awesome. I am not super strict yet but I figure if/when I hit the plateau I may have to be.
    Congrats on the 9 lbs!!
    Yeah my first fasting day I had the worst headache ever but at this point I am not getting them.

It is true that living situations can change things. I was paleo and lost a lot of weight but when I got into a new relationship, moved in with the guy, and now engaged (squeee!!!) I let go of eating correctly over the past two years. Now I need to get back on track.