Lots of weight to lose

Options
Hello I am going to be 48 on my next birthday and have been over weight most of my life my kids are grown and starting their lives and I am ready to start mine. I am married and my husband has always been supportive but also has always been thin. I want to do so maNY things with him and still feel good at the end! I am unhealthy na am tired of it! There are many other excuses I could list but I k ow in the end it is me and I need to make a serious change no matter what is going on in my life. So of you feel like we could help each other please let me know!! Mimi

Replies

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the beginning of the new you :)
    You can do this!
  • mummynat1979
    mummynat1979 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Mimi. I can relate to ur story. I'm 36 and have been overweight my whole life. I have 2 children and a husband that are all skinny(not fare). This year I have finally decided I need to look after myself. I started eating better food and just going for walks. Over the last 5 months I have lost 20kg and would love to loose another 20. However lately I have been having dramas with my son and have lost all motivation. So if u think I could be of any help to u and u could be helpful to me lets keep in touch.
    Natalia
  • Chasity6
    Chasity6 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hey Mimi. Good luck on your journey. I have two children as well and have been overweight since I was pregnant with my first child. I have lost and gained for the last 20 years and I am tired of living life on the sidelines. My two great kiddos are growing up and moving on with their lives. I want to be healthy to do things I used to enjoy and so I will be around for all the next milestones. Add me if you like.
  • Mimidibo
    Mimidibo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you all let's do this!
  • beccalynnc
    beccalynnc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I have been one of those yo-yo people with diets, not too keen on those. I am a very active person for sure from mountain biking, kayaking, hiking and so on. I do not stay home for long. Now the issue is I have been depressed over my sister's death exactly a year ago, mixed with a long winter and the fact "just didn't care". I went to the Drs. and got a physical done 3 months ago and was 100 percent healthy, no high blood pressure or diabetes...now unfortunately I haven't been feeling right so I went back and they had checked my kidneys, needless to say red flags went up, have to go back in another month for routine blood work again...so now I have got to lose that weight! Eat more fruits/veggies/natural foods (not processed) and we shall see how it goes! So lets do this!