Has anyone else read "The Beck Diet Solution?"

Options
I just picked it up (again) and am feeling good about the exercises. Last time I read it I got halfway through and thought "heck, I don't need this! I know what to do!" (I.e. a sabotaging thought). This time around I am taking it truly to heart. Anyone else? Have you read her newest book?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Nah, I just eat whatever I want, and log.
  • OsricTheKnight
    OsricTheKnight Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I have read it. I didn't find it the best diet book.

I prefer "The 7 keys to weight loss freedom" and "The Hacker's Diet" both of which had more actionable ideas in them for me.

Osric
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Nah, I just eat whatever I want, and log.

This
  • christabelle66
    christabelle66 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am a big Beck Diet Solution and The Diet Trap Solution fan. I don't have trouble losing weight in the short-term-- I can be very motivated and careful for about seven months and then I will become sabotaged by thoughts like "It's not fair that I can't eat like a "normal" person." So then I act out with food one time, which makes it easier to act out the next day and so on, until I have gained all the weight back. For me, the Beck books have really been filling an important need to change my thinking, not just what I eat and how much I move. I am really confident and dedicated to get out of the cycle of yoyo dieting. There are other Beck fans on MFP and a Beck group.