Healthy dinners to quickly eat before class?

Options
phoenixx866
phoenixx866 Posts: 173 Member
edited September 2015 in Food and Nutrition
I'm taking night classes on Mondays and Tuesdays. I go straight from work to class for 4 hours. My work barely allocated any time for me to even get there on time, so I'm looking for ideas for any dinners that I can eat at around 5:45pm that will keep my hunger levels down until I get home at 11pm. I'm looking for dinners that I can quickly chow in the car once I get there before I have to run into class. I'll probably eat a Quest bar around 8pm provided my classes provide a small break (I hope). So basically something I can just eat and go that I can store in the company fridge or on my desk until 5pm when I need to leave, then eat in the car or while walking, but no fast food since I have 0 time to stop. Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    A sandwich will be perfect!
  • chriskangell
    chriskangell Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Dinner is easier once you accept that it doesn't have to be any sort of formal or sit-down meal. Sometimes I eat 200-300 calories of fruit and a Kind bar or nuts for dinner and call it a night.
  • Dandy_Tandy
    Dandy_Tandy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I tried something new today. 4oz shredded chicken breast, 2 tbsp Greek yogurt, 1 Tbsp honey, and about 1 tbsp of dried cranberries mixed together with a side of fresh cantaloupe. Surprisingly good and filling. Held me over for 4 hours. Good luck at school! My classes start back up on the 8th.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Those little cans of albacore tuna, some crackers, baby carrots and other veggies, and a piece of fruit would do me very nicely. That's often what I do when I have to go from school to a night class with no time to go home in between.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Those little cans of albacore tuna, some crackers, baby carrots and other veggies, and a piece of fruit would do me very nicely. That's often what I do when I have to go from school to a night class with no time to go home in between.

This is what I used to do as well. Tuna, some crackers and then either fruit or vegie sticks. I also used to make little trail mixes for myself with popcorn, pepitas, dark choc chips etc. I found I needed to allocate myself some extra calories for snacking because it kept me awake during the lectures. I also used jerky and babybel cheese too.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I take a corn tortilla, add sriracha sauce, s half slice of cheese, 2 oz of turkey breast, and 1/8 of avacado. I zap in microwave for 35-40 sec and eat or wrap to go.
  • marchwriter
    marchwriter Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Any protein and veggies in a tortilla wrap is great on the go... Tuna, turkey, cheese spinach etc
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    A green smoothie would work also. Just put it in a blender bottle so you can shake it up if it settles.