Job related activity

Options
Hi!

Just wondering if I should adjust my activity level, or how to accurately report exercise on days that I work. As a nurse I'm on my feet 12+ hours a day and my activity level is set to light. Should I adjust?

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I'd say definitely yes. You're Active, if not Highly Active. Do you wear a Fitbit or anything like that?
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    Have you been losing faster than the MFP estimated rate?
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Just wondering if I should adjust my activity level, or how to accurately report exercise on days that I work. As a nurse I'm on my feet 12+ hours a day and my activity level is set to light. Should I adjust?

Yes and then re-evaluate after a couple of months.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    ahoy_m8 wrote: »
    Have you been losing faster than the MFP estimated rate?

This would be the best way to check.

How often do you work. 5 days a week I would say your at the high end of active as a nurse, going off all my brothers complaining.

But if your part time, casual, you might only average lightly active, if your fairly sedentary when your not working.

But like they said above, adjust based on your actual results over a month compared to you goal weight loss.
  • happywife0921
    happywife0921 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've just started back using MFP after almost 2 years because after gaining another 20 pounds I decided to get serious. I know my diet had a lot to do with it.

I don't have a Fitbit but have been looking into investing in one if it would be helpful. My MFP is set to 1630 cal to lose 1 1\2 week. I work 3-4 days a week, and on days off try to do at least an hour in the gym. I've been doing this for 3 weeks now, but just started back logging.
  • happywife0921
    happywife0921 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Typo I meant 1330 cal