Calories not listed on new zealand product labels

Options
hi all, wow have just recently joined myfitnesspal and am loving it, its so helping me keep track of my fitness and loose eating habits....anyway's i've just realised that while doing this that none of the editable products, items in my house have the number of calories listed on them, is this normal? or is it just a kiwi thing, if i need to add a new product to the myfitnesspal food list i have to google the calories and thank goodness i have been able to find them online, does any1 no how to work out the calories from the other information listed in the nutrition info panels on each product or should i just stick to google-ing them lol.....cheers:blushing:

Replies

• pebbles72
    pebbles72 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    divide kilojoules by 4.2 to get the calories :happy:
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Yup, same problem in Australia, Europe and lots of other countries. I find that lots of fresh foods (fruit, meat etc) and quite a few packaged ones (like peanut butter) are already in the database. If I need to add them I convert from kj to cals.
    It's a bit of a pain but it gets easier as you learn how to search the database for the foods you use. And I'm so grateful to have a free tool that has helped me lose 15kg, i can't complain that it uses old fashioned measurements in most places :)
  • tea76
    tea76 Posts: 35
    Options
    hi same here in oz all in kjs id be lost without google hahaha