Challenge Group Looking for Participants

Options
lmc8009
lmc8009 Posts: 9,190 Member
I am currently looking for participants for a closed challenge group. We will be starting an 8 week challenge on Monday, September 7. This is our 20th time running this challenge. Participants are encouraged to stay for as many rounds as they would like! Details about the group are posted below.

If you would like to be added to the group, please either let me know here or send me a private message. I will post again once all spots have been filled. I am anticipating the new challenge to be approximately 50% returning participants and 50% new members, for a total of about 80-100 participants broken down into 6 teams.

Welcome to our Biggest Loser competition - MFP style! We had a successful Season 1 back in 2012 and have kept it going ever since. We are getting ready to start season 20(!!!) and are currently planning to continue running this challenge at least through 2015. So if you‘re looking for an awesome support group, fun challenges, and a little bit of friendly competition, you’re definitely in the right place!!!

Our Biggest Loser competition will be held for 8 weeks, beginning on Monday, September 7, 2015. This season we offer spots for people looking to lose weight AND for people looking to maintain their current weight. Winners will be announced for the following categories at the end of the season: Highest percentage of weight loss and highest number of challenge points earned.

This season is TEAMS competition! Teams will be fighting to get their name in the coveted top spot every week! Since no competition is any fun without a little extra teamwork, teams will be competing to claim the highest average challenge points as well as the highest team percentage of weight loss each week.

Each Sunday or Monday (your choice), every individual will weigh in and compute their own challenge points. They will submit the numbers to their team board. Later in the week winners will be announced based on the following:

1) Team with the highest percentage of weight loss
2) Team with the highest average of challenge points earned by its participants
3) Individual recognition for the week's top 20 weight loss
4) Individual recognition for the week's top 20 challenge points earned

For this season we will be offering points for minutes of exercise completed as well as for optional mini-challenges that you will be encouraged to join. You may join as many or as few as you'd like, but we suggest that you join at least one. Five bonus points will be awarded for each additional challenge you actively participated in each week. Details will be lined out in each mini-challenge’s description. There is no limit to how many mini challenges you can participate in, so feel free to challenge yourself!!!

Replies