Quick Weightloss Tips HELP!!!

Options
Hi I am looking to lose weight quite quickly so I can fit into a dress 2 sizes smaller than what I am within a month I need to lose some weight.. any tips please let me know.. obviously eat right and exercise but anything to speed up the process would be great.. thanks :)

Replies

• misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    Not going to happen.

It didn't go on fast, it's not coming off fast.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    It's not just about eating "right", it's about eating less. And you didn't put it on in a day so you can't take it off in day. Set a realistic goal.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,565 Member
    Options
    2 sizes, so you're looking at least about 15lbs.

It ain't gonna happen. Just cause it zips, doesn't mean it fits.

You're better off wearing something that fits rather than trying to fit into something you don't fit.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    It's taken me 66lbs to drop 2-3 sizes. That ain't happening in a month, hon. Spend the month eating right, moving more, and looking for a new dress.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    2 sizes, so you're looking at least about 15lbs.

It ain't gonna happen. Just cause it zips, doesn't mean it fits.

You're better off wearing something that fits rather than trying to fit into something you don't fit.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Yep. Two dress sizes in a month isn't realistic. Get a new dress or get it altered.
  • 50andfabu
    50andfabu Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Two sizes is an ambitious goal, but you can at least make progress towards it. Be diligent and careful about calorie counting. Work out often and hard. You'll see the difference.
    Don't put pressure on yourself. Even if you lose a couple of pounds and exercise you will feel more confident and this will shine through.
    And a beautifully cut dress that fits you well while you have an aura of confidence can be just as beautiful as a smaller size.
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Well since no one else is going to give you a tip... i will. Go 0 carb and limit yourself to 1200 calories. Also do as much cardio as you can physically stand. And then do a 12 fast before the event. That's the quickest way to dump weight. Of course after you stop you will binge heavily and gain all the weight back plus a couple of extra....but who's counting? :) Good luck and let us know how it works out for you.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,565 Member
    Options
    Bshmerlie wrote: »
    Well since no one else is going to give you a tip... i will. Go 0 carb and limit yourself to 1200 calories. Also do as much cardio as you can physically stand. And then do a 12 fast before the event. That's the quickest way to dump weight. Of course after you stop you will binge heavily and gain all the weight back plus a couple of extra....but who's counting? :) Good luck and let us know how it works out for you.
    Lol, so if she does 1200 calories and burns 500 calories in cardio a day, you're supporting a 700 calorie net? Sorry, but that's actually horrible advice if that's the case. And if she did that for a month, chances are with the low a calorie intake and all that "cardio they can physically stand" will result in lean tissue loss resulting in a much lower metabolic rate than she's at now.
    It's not a great tip.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• DerekVTX
    DerekVTX Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Lol, so if she does 1200 calories and burns 500 calories in cardio a day, you're supporting a 700 calorie net? Sorry, but that's actually horrible advice if that's the case. And if she did that for a month, chances are with the low a calorie intake and all that "cardio they can physically stand" will result in lean tissue loss resulting in a much lower metabolic rate than she's at now.
    It's not a great tip.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Have to Agree with Niner Buff. Yeah you could lose 15 lbs in a month........but it is not healthy and will not likely stay off. Follow the good advice that people are offering you. Do not try to lose more than 2 lbs per week (or less) and commit one honest year of your life. If you honestly commit 1 year.......you should have your momentum and self motivation set to be happy to continue on in a healthy lifestyle. You will also likely teach yourself how much you should really be eathing.....the key right now is to set realistic goals, weigh and measure your food, honestly log, and stay within you goals most of the time.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options

Yeah, you could do this. It would be miserable, difficult and you'd likely regret it.
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options

Yeah, you could do this. It would be miserable, difficult and you'd likely regret it.

Yes those are my thoughts exactly. :) ...but the OP did ask how it could be done.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    cyowler11 wrote: »
    Hi I am looking to lose weight quite quickly so I can fit into a dress 2 sizes smaller than what I am within a month I need to lose some weight.. any tips please let me know.. obviously eat right and exercise but anything to speed up the process would be great.. thanks :)

My tip is....

Don't even think about it.
  • buffalobill41
    buffalobill41 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    just be careful, if anything watch the sodium the week or so leading up to it so you won't have extra water weight
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    You can follow stupid advice and starve, but realistically, even if you get yourself into a hospital, so you can do a supervised zero calorie diet, most probably you will still not fit in your dress in a month.
  • memickee
    memickee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    ^^^^
    This surely was meant to be a joke.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options

I LOL'd with you. Don't forget a Haribo Sugarless Gummy Bear Cleanse the day before.
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I can promise you there is absolutely no way you can healthily and safely drop 2 dress sizes in a month. The highest recommended loss a week is 2lbs, so roughly 8lbs in a month. Even factoring in water weight loss if you're just starting out etc 15lbs would be a stretch.

And you have to bear in mind that a 15lb loss is not always guaranteed to = 2 dress sizes. I've lost double that and I'm only down 1 dress size (I'm down 2 in certain pieces and styles of clothing but even then it's a bit of a squeeze and I'd rather wear the next size up and be comfortable).

My advice to you would be to ignore the goal of getting into a dress that's too small for you and focus on feeling confident and good about yourself on the day. Even if you just lose 6lbs in the next month it can do wonders for your confidence (also exercise will help boost your confidence and your mood. As well as the added bonus of helping with weight loss).

Buy another dress that actually fits, log everything accurately, exercise if you want, ignore this completely unattainable goal and I promise you'll feel better than if you try and squeeze into a dress that's too small :)
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    oh dear! its just not the way to go about weight loss :/
    but you can lose several pounds in that time and maybe drop one dress size.....If I were you I would just go dress shopping nearer the time, you'll feel a whole lot better about yourself too.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Woah, you are putting way too much pressure on yourself.
    You want to lose 2 sizes in a month? Why so quick? I'm curious.

Surely it's better to do this in a way that isn't going to absolutely stretch your body to every limit possible which in turn will cause YOU to become utterly miserable? Surely this should be a healthy lifestyle change, not a thoroughly restrictive one?