I'm having a moment, here!!

Options
briblue72
briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
My biggest goal for weight loss since I started in January has been for my 2nd graders to say something about how good I look.
Well, today... 38 pounds later.... is the day!

I came to pick the kids up from their lunch recess with my lunch still in hand (had to file report cards and do other lame teacher stuff during my lunch), and they're always very interested in what I ate. Well, this little girl saw my green beans in the container and said, "You sure do like fruit and veggies, huh?" and I said, "Sure do! They're good for me!" and she goes, "when my mom came to pick me up yesterday, she said, ' Your teacher sure is losing a lot of weight!'" and the little girl went on to say that I looked skinny (I'm not "skinny" by any means - 178 today) and then all the other little ankle biters chimed in with "you're so beautiful" etc. Turns out a lot of them have noticed, but I trained them so well not to mention physical appearences, that they did want to say anything! Whoops!

Time to do the happy dance! :smile:

Replies

• briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    My biggest goal for weight loss since I started in January has been for my 2nd graders to say something about how good I look.
    Well, today... 38 pounds later.... is the day!

I came to pick the kids up from their lunch recess with my lunch still in hand (had to file report cards and do other lame teacher stuff during my lunch), and they're always very interested in what I ate. Well, this little girl saw my green beans in the container and said, "You sure do like fruit and veggies, huh?" and I said, "Sure do! They're good for me!" and she goes, "when my mom came to pick me up yesterday, she said, ' Your teacher sure is losing a lot of weight!'" and the little girl went on to say that I looked skinny (I'm not "skinny" by any means - 178 today) and then all the other little ankle biters chimed in with "you're so beautiful" etc. Turns out a lot of them have noticed, but I trained them so well not to mention physical appearences, that they did want to say anything! Whoops!

Time to do the happy dance! :smile:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Oh how cute is that! Congrats on the accomplishment, not just personally but teaching your students that everything shouldn't be based on the outside appearance.
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    That is SOOOOOOOO awesome!

I went to the gym last night and after walking outside, went inside for the elliptical and saw myself in those HUGE mirrors. It was very depressing. I have to think of how I looked in those mirrors with 15 more pounds on!!!!

Hooray for you!
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    That is so great Bri. Your new pic is awesome too. Keep up the great work .
  • vldowd
    vldowd Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!!! The litle buggers can redeem themselves.
  • bonkers5975
    bonkers5975 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • rjivory
    rjivory Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Sweet!
  • becknomad
    becknomad Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
    love it when the compliments are about you being healthier and not about looks. Can you teach my co-workers to stop fixating on my weight too?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!