Calling all runners!

Options
2»

Replies

• CatRunna
    CatRunna Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hiya,
    I've been running for about 7 years. Love it, it's my thing. I'm kinda slow but get out there most days. Have just started a program for a half in December - the weather should hopefully start to improve here in Vic, Australia, it's been a long cold winter and I'm ready to swap my beanie for a visor! I am happy to cheer all of you on and applaud your successes, big and small. Feel free to add me :smiley:
  • RunnerSkip
    RunnerSkip Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello! I run a fair bit, normally between 4-5 times a week and also squeeze in plenty of races throughout the year. Always pleased to have more runners in my feed for mutual support, feel free to add :smile:
  • FatMoojor
    FatMoojor Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Hi ya, I am another who has the running bug, currently training for a 100k run, which is actually coming up in 11 days. Happy to have an invite sent over, that also goes for any other runnings looking for more friends.
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm not exactly new to MFP but I am always looking for more friends. In the last five months I have made huge changes to my lifestyle, both eating and exercising and have successfully lost (and kept off) 9 pounds, which may not seem like much but I am only 5'2 so that is a decent amount for someone my size!

I am looking to add some more friends, especially anyone who is looking for running motivation. I am registered for my 1st half marathon next month and would love some more motivation and to give motivation!
    Hi Abellone

I'm also 5'2 and have lost about 6 kg in the last five months, which makes us about even. :) I've been running for over 30 years but didn't run my first half marathon until June of this year. As we move into the cold, dark winter, I may need some extra support getting out. And if I DO get out, that may be enough to inspire you to get out too! I'll send you a friend request. :p
  • GillianLF
    GillianLF Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Hello all. I am getting back to being a runner. I've been running on and off since 2002. A while back I took a 2 year break but am back into it with a 5k in June, another 5k tonight, a 10k in November and would love to train towards marathon level next year.
    Above everything running is the one sport I keep coming back to. Feel free to add me! :)
  • jodalina
    jodalina Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello, regular runner completed two 10ks and training for my next in a few weeks, feel free to add me B)
  • 1150Boyd
    1150Boyd Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm training for my 3rd half marathon in November. Love to have some running pals on my list so feel free to add me. :)
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    The September Running Challenge is off to a quick start. Come on over and join the Shoe Testers.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10244219/september-2015-running-challenge#latest
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    There's a group for Long Distance Runners if you are interested. It's for those currently running distance as well as those aspiring to do distance running: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/94-long-distance-runners

There's also a thread in there where you can find runner friends... It's where I found most of my running crew. :) You guys rock! :flowerforyou: