healthy ideas for a sweet tooth

Options
:smile: First day of my diet...would like if anyone has any low calorie ideas for sweets. After lunch, I get a craving for a sweet...piece of chocolate, licorice etc. and want to break the habit! thanks

Replies

• tcoakley
    Options
    :smile: First day of my diet...would like if anyone has any low calorie ideas for sweets. After lunch, I get a craving for a sweet...piece of chocolate, licorice etc. and want to break the habit! thanks
  • BIGGRAMMA
    BIGGRAMMA Posts: 2,273
    Options
    One of my favorite sweet treats is Fiber One bars.....My favorite is the Oats & Chocolate....140 calories , 9 grams of fiber and a total of 4 grams of total fat per serving.....:flowerforyou:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Gum is what I use some times. Also Special K Chocolatey Crisps or 100 cal pack oreos they are both supper sweet and chocolatey. I also have Fiber One Oats and carramel bars, they are kind of like eating cookies.
  • strawberryblonde1
    Options
    skinny cow ice cream bars.... (some are sugar free, low fat, low cal) ... i have one after dinner if i have been good all day! a sweet reward!
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    i like this one, take a frozen whole grain waffle, toast it, cut in half, fill with frozen fat free whipped topping. Its like an ice cream sandwich.
    another thing that helps me is take a serving of the frozen fat free whipped topping and spoon some fat free, sugar free yogurt over the top.
    At this time i am not sure of all the stats on t his, but i do have it in the data base here on mfp

Frozen ff whipped topping subs for ice cream is a great alternative.
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    The skinny cow items are great too!
  • Mattysmomma
    Options
    Frozen cool whip with sugar free choc. syrup! Yummy. I also make a banana cream pie, made with reduced fat crust, sugar free banana pudding, and lots of banana chunks. You can make in single serving things. I like to freeze those also it takes longer to eat!
  • HustleRose
    Options
    Chocolate Vitamuffins, too. Yummmmm, 100 calories and 7 grams of fiber!
  • likes2bwet
    likes2bwet Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I take fat free milk, about 1/2 cup and blend with ice, Sugar Free Caramel and Sugar Free White Chocolate syrup and drink that....it is DELICIOUS....I learned that from the coffee shop...I don't like coffee so they made me this alternate. You can find the syrups usually at a health food store or something...
  • Innerglow
    Innerglow Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    hersheys dark chocolate miniatures are only 42 calories!
  • jsturgeon
    Options
    i like the fiber one bars but they can be "gassy" if you know what i mean.... not cool at work. how about some fresh fruit - i love a crisp apple or juicy orange.
  • rklein71
    rklein71 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I like the fat free pudding or jello and fruit with cool whip on top. Also, frozen yogurt is pretty satisfying.
  • jsturgeon
    Options
    that sounds yummy! i might try this! thanks
  • JENN65
    JENN65 Posts: 5
    Options
    Freeze Chocolate Graham Crackers and sugar free cool whip. It is like an ice cream sandwich. Yummmmm:tongue:
  • sdjurek
    sdjurek Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Special K Bliss Bars, raspberry is the best. They're 90 calories and quite small but they're sweet and there is chocolate on them.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I like the chocolate/peanut butter Quaker rice cakes. Low in calories & satisfies the sweet tooth! :smile:
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have been using single wrapped lifesavers for a sweet treat. Just enough to get your sweet tooth satisfied, but not enough to add too many calories.

JB
  • workinonit
    Options
    Get an Angel Food Cake Mix I think they even have sugar free. Empty it in a bowl, add a can of crushed pineapple (in it's own juice). Mix it up, put it in a 13x9 pan that you have sprayed with non stick spray. bake at 350 for about 25 minutes (my time may be off) Tastes just like a pineapple danish (this was a weight watchers receipt from years ago)
  • Mattysmomma
    Options
    My fiancee and I tried the lifesavers singles.........2 days later the whole fricken bag was gone....lol :bigsmile: We try to keep that out of our house.
  • suprjewels
    Options
    I do the sugar free jello with sugar free whip cream. The jello is only 10 calories. You can't beat that for a sweet tooth. They have so many varieties too. You can buy them in the 6 packs with 2 flavors. I love the watermelon!! Most of the time I don't add the whip cream.