• Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    I'm an android

Data_intoxicated.jpg
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    In all honesty Taso, I understand your post. However, there are some individuals who do not have access to the internet as freely as others and their only connection to information is via their mobile telephone.

I remember when I first joined I asked several similar questions mentioned in this post. Many people who post these similar topics are not long term users and just pop onto the forums to clear a few questions that they may have.

I have a smart phone and I know, even when using my wireless at times that it can be extremely difficult. So why not post a direct question..where you can easily access responses? All individuals are different and when you search an answer, the person who posted it initially may have totally different circumstances.

Isn't that what this forum is here for? :flowerforyou:
  • Jovialation
    Options
    It takes hours to search and read when your on a cell phone. If I have a question I post it, because it cuts the search time out and gets my question answered... I already have to sit and wait for each page to load; and it only lists 5 posts a page.. searching is very difficult.

Sorry but that's just lazy and irresponsible. Put the phone away, get on a real computer, and do some research. Or buy or borrow some books.

Who are you to judge? Not everyone has a computer, can afford a computer, etc. For whatever reason everyone's situation is different and you have no way of knowing what their reasons are for using a phone. And even if they just choose to, so what? It's not some horrible crime.

This is supposed to be a place of positivity and support and quite frankly your comment was just downright mean. I personally think you owe everyone an apology.
    whoa whoa wait WHAT?

Ok so they can afford a smartphone and a smartphone plan but NOT a computer? Since when does that make sense?

Srsly the same topics day in and day out HAVE to stop. Not to mention all the "women only *gigglegiggle*" threads.

If one more woman tells me shes bleeding and wants chocolate Im gonna turn her bloodstream into hersheys syrup.
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I didn't read all the comments but here is my 2 cents. Sometimes the search feature is confusing because it does not search through an individual forum to help narrow down your search.

And maybe we should ask if you are a robot, as I know I have seen posts about repeat topics many times.
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    It takes hours to search and read when your on a cell phone. If I have a question I post it, because it cuts the search time out and gets my question answered... I already have to sit and wait for each page to load; and it only lists 5 posts a page.. searching is very difficult.

Sorry but that's just lazy and irresponsible. Put the phone away, get on a real computer, and do some research. Or buy or borrow some books.

Who are you to judge? Not everyone has a computer, can afford a computer, etc. For whatever reason everyone's situation is different and you have no way of knowing what their reasons are for using a phone. And even if they just choose to, so what? It's not some horrible crime.

This is supposed to be a place of positivity and support and quite frankly your comment was just downright mean. I personally think you owe everyone an apology.

I am positive and supportive here most of the time. I have well over 1000 posts on this board, and the majority of them are an attempt to help people. I have spent many hours of my life typing the same information over and over again. I have spent many other hours typing up what i think are encouraging and motivating topics. And, yes, in the mix is also my fair share of sarcastic, humorous, trolly, and just plain silly posts.

Guess what, I'm actually not a robot. I'm an imperfect human with limited patience. The person who made the remark about searching on their phone is putting forth an excuse as to why they couldn't search before posting. Apparently they can't be bothered to do a little background research before asking something. I stand by my original statement. That is lazy and irresponsible.

It's one thing for complete internet beginners who aren't too savvy with searching. But the "searching on my phone is slow and annoying" is a poor excuse. It takes a fair bit of effort and self-education to succeed in a weight-loss and fitness journey. If you catch me on most days, I will spoon-feed the same advice to you for the umpteenth time. If you catch me on a day like today, where I've reached the tipping point, maybe I'll be a sarcastic *kitten*.

Make progress or make excuses.

We :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: you Taso!!!!
  • Mariposa187
    Mariposa187 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    o_O i am on the wrong site! i thought we were all aliens! :sad: mmmmm i dont think i wanna leave so party on my spaceship! :drinker:
  • snappy45
    snappy45 Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm a real person. I just joined 2 days ago but have been keeping track of my calories and dieting for three weeks on paper. This is so much easier. Only six pounds so far but at least I'm heading in the right direction.
  • Ms_Natalie
    Options
    In the UK you can pay £10 a month to have internet access on a mobile, whether it is an old phone or the latest blackberry,

My house wireless costs £50 per month which is considerably higher than just an internet mobile connection. Not sure about US ways, but this is how it can work in the UK, therefore demonstrating my point that sometimes internet connection via phone only is the only method and can be annoying.

I don't understand why repetitive posts make people so upset? surely their concerns and queries are as important as you wanting to know what has been posted previously?

Let's be supportive people, this site has earned a great reputation due to its kind and supportive forums...lets keep it that way :flowerforyou:
  • Jovialation
    Options
    it's nearly impossible to keep up with actually NEW things going on on the boards when the same stuff is posted all day

and I only go between recent posts and my topics
  • sweat4me
    sweat4me Posts: 6
    Options
    U can start your own. Also the post are tallied, so perhaps there is this competition of sorts going on.
  • Badger1201
    Badger1201 Posts: 24
    Options
    Real Badger here.:laugh: A lot of people have the same questions and don't like to use forum searches...not like our poor new mods can actually just whip everything into shape. That may well take a few years to prune over used topics into one central thread for the topic. Our mods were just assigned a month or two ago.

Really what we have bwefore you is a wild forum being tamed out. Surprised it isn't overrun with spammers and scammers! Kudos to Admin for keeping it as clean as you did without Mods!
  • Ms_Natalie
    Options
    maybe a technical idea could help people identify which threads they have read or not read?

do you think that would be helpful? :smile:
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    "all we are saying, is give peace a chance"......john lennon was a real person, and since he smoked a lot of weed i'm sure he would have been lazy and just posted a topic instead of searching for it.....so john would have done it, i say its ok for everyone:)
  • Badger1201
    Options
    Depends on the forum engine. Another forum I am on actually has highlighted "buttons" to indicate new posts not read by the member starting at the individual forum then, when opened highlights the specifically added to threads. It only pertains to thread that are activeIy being posted to. I can ask the admin there what he uses, specifically if you wish. I know the mods there have kept thing very orderly but they have been there as far as I know since the inception.
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    01010100 01101000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01100100 01101111 01100101 01110011 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000 01100011 01101111 01101101 01110000 01110101 01110100 01100101 00101110 00100000 01010000 01101100 01100101 01100001 01110011 01100101 00100000 01110100 01110010 01111001 00100000 01100001 01100111 01100001 01101001 01101110 00100000 01101100 01100001 01110100 01100101 01110010 00101110

I should wash your circuits with soap for saying that. I can't believe half the people here aren't offended by this!
  • Badger1201
    Options
    @DBR - and that's why it is a Schedule I drug...
  • Scentlessapprentice
    Scentlessapprentice Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm a Transformer. Just sayin'
  • Jovialation
    Options
    a FAQ is a pretty common thing on most sites...it should be here.
    instead of "official answers" to the questions each could have a link to a thread
  • ivansmomma
    ivansmomma Posts: 500
    Options
    a stone weighs 16 pounds. Ask.com is a good search engine, too!
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I just noticed the same topics are being posted over and over again by the same people/robots

no robots, real people with real objectives in mind for a better lifestyle. perhaps you could try facebook or bebo if this is'nt your cup of tea?