Like fudgie brownies?

Options
kirianna55
kirianna55 Posts: 459 Member
I just made this recipe for my family, Its AMAZING! I made it with cayenne because I like it better. I would suggest using a forth of the spice they call for. Other ways you could prepare this recipe is instant coffee or cinnamon. I also used whole wheat flour because I don't like spelt flower. These are logged under their name in the MFP recipes.

Triple-Chocolate Chipotle Brownies
Adapted from Jae Steel, author of “Get It Ripe,” as it appeared in the October 2008 issue of Yoga Journal

Ingredients
1/3 cup cocoa powder
A scant cup of semisweet chocolate, chopped (about 4 ounces)
3 ounces unsweetened chocolate (usually packaged as one-ounce bars)
1 ¼ cups granulated sugar
1 cup silken tofu, blended in a blender or food processor
½ cup sunflower or Canola oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
¾ cup spelt flour
1 teaspoon chipotle pepper powder (or ½ -1 teaspoon cayenne)
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon coarse salt

Method

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper and dust with cocoa powder.

In a makeshift double boiler, melt semisweet and unsweetened chocolate together. Stir continually with a heat-proof spatula to prevent burning or hardening, about five minutes. Mix in the cocoa powder and remove the pan from the heat.

In a large bowl, combine sugar, tofu, oil and vanilla with a rubber spatula. Stir in melted chocolate, then the flour, chipotle powder, baking powder and salt.

Pour batter into baking pan, making sure that it spreads evenly. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until slightly puffed. You’ll know it’s done if a skewer inserted in the center comes out relative clean.

Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for two hour before cutting into squares.

Makes 16 brownies.

Replies

• DangerRanger
    DangerRanger Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Sounds amazing!!! But I think that you're missing a key ingredient "coughs.."cannabis"*:ohwell:

I'll definitely give it a try tho!
  • khodges15
    khodges15 Posts: 114
    Options
    but can you taste the peppery-ness in it cause thats my fear. I love my sweets and i love my spicy, but not really mixed together :)
  • MsScorpio67
    MsScorpio67 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    this receipe sounds soo good. I'm gonna try it
  • 1234lbsgone
    1234lbsgone Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Sounds amazing!!! But I think that you're missing a key ingredient "coughs.."cannabis"*:ohwell:

:smokin: :laugh:
  • kirianna55
    Options

Those would be really good
  • MsScorpio67
    MsScorpio67 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    How do I find the mfp receipes??? sorry if this is a dumb question
  • kirianna55
    Options
    You can search for a food. For example for the brownies you would search "Triple Chocolate Chipotle Brownies." Usually you can find it
  • kirianna55
    Options
    You can search for a food. For example for the brownies you would search "Triple Chocolate Chipotle Brownies." Usually you can find it