The clean and press very underated exercise but y?

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    I don't know???????????????
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    I've never done it because I have nobody to show me in person and no mirror to look in while I do it. To me, it looks like something I should not try without at least one of those.
  • piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    Probably because its not being taught unless you're into oly lifts.
  • BalletAndBarbells
    BalletAndBarbells Posts: 334 Member
    Try body pump, loads of clean and press reps in that! :wink:
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,308 Member
    I don't know if it is underrated, but more as mentioned before, it is not something a person should try without some training, and it is not trained that often. I know I look at it and wish I had someone to train me (that and a higher ceiling in the basement), but I don't. It is the sort of lift that can easily lead to injury if done wrong. If don't right, it like all compound lift, rocks.
  • aaroessler
    aaroessler Posts: 32 Member
    Easy to hurt yourself badly if done incorrectly, takes coordination, uses full body (so hard to mix in to days where you focus different muscle groups), easy to do incorrectly, and some weight rooms ban oly lifts because of the above reasons. Oly lifts are awesome and really good for training, but the above reasons are why more people don't do them.
  • _sambamm
    _sambamm Posts: 16 Member
    i have no idea. i love my oly lifts.
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    I don't understand why people think they are dangerous. The hardest part of the lift is getting the weight from the waist to the shoulders. If you fail to get enough momentum to get to where you can do that, the weight goes back down to your waist. The most dangerous part of the lift is getting the barbell back on the ground when you are done, but most newbies don't have the form or strength to lift enough weight for there to be a danger to set the weight back down, rather than dropping the barbell with bumper plates(which may need to be done when you are proficient at them.)
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    I've never had a high enough room... If I get a set and put it in my garage I may look into more olympic lifts next spring/summer.