30 lbs down AND an NSV

Options
So my family doesn't know about my losing weight ... which is easy considering they're on the east coast, and I'm on the west. I also didn't want anyone to know in case I failed epically. But not this time. I've lost 30 lbs this time since March 15, 2011. And it's different, because I'm actually taking it seriously. No fads. No gimmicks. Just a healthy lifestyle. I still have 60 to go, but I'm 1/3 of the way there!

Anyways, I broke and showed my sister photos today. She almost fell over, and couldn't believe my progress. She was ecstatic. She actually called me 'hot' - and I've never gotten that kind of compliment from her. I really needed it; I know there's a difference, but I didn't know there was that much of one. It really gave me a boost. I'm actually excited to go to the gym today. I never thought I'd say that!

ProgressMFP-1.jpg

SW: 250 lbs (height: 5'10)
CW: 220 lbs
GW: 160-170 lbs

Replies

• cillytilly
    cillytilly Posts: 243
    Options
    You are doing amazing. Keep up the hard work. This is definately inspirational.
  • WWhitaker
    WWhitaker Posts: 309
    Options
    Good for you!!! Keep up the great work!
  • iva001
    iva001 Posts: 162
    Options
    Whats NSV? You tall girls are so lucky (sigh) I read your weight, but you look like you weigh 160.

5002082.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • mred93
    mred93 Posts: 100
    Options
    You look great!
  • mommiedawn
    mommiedawn Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You look great! I can't even believe your weight is what it is, you must be rather tall. I understand keeping it to yourself, I think that's why I like MFP. I get to chat about what I'm doing but not really to the people that I'm around everyday.
  • maureendonahue
    maureendonahue Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Wow! You do look hot! Keep up the great work!
  • _Virginia_
    _Virginia_ Posts: 49
    Options
    Your sister's right. You look hot. Keep up the good work.
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    You definitely do look hot! AND you look much skinnier than me and I last weighed in at 183 :D:D Keep up the great work!
  • calebespnsmommie
    calebespnsmommie Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Your beautiful, and you do NOT look like you are 220! :)
  • njean888
    njean888 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful! I'm so happy for you. Keep up the excellent work.
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work! You look amazing!
  • TXMayFlower
    Options
    Awesome pic! You look good as a blonde too! We have a similar journey. I started at 255 and I just hit my first 30 lbs this week! I took some before pics but I'm nervous to take any now. I'm like you, I'm not telling anyone that I'm dong this, I kinda want the "shock value" when I get to my goal (75 more to go).

Keep up the great work!!!
  • Sweetcheeks278
    Options
    You look amazing! Congrats on your loss so far! keep up the good work! :)
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Congrats, you go girl.....You look great :smile:
  • tanyaMax
    tanyaMax Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Congrats! oking great! keep up the great work!! woohoo!!
  • Falling2Grace
    Falling2Grace Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    wow~ you look amazing!
    you look soo much smaller than what you said you weigh!
    GREAT JOB!!!
  • Jessica5000
    Options
    220? I'm 182 and you look WAY hotter than me :) You should be super proud. When you hit your goal, you will look like a freaking model....oh to have long lean legs...my wish

Keep up the killer work!
  • mkspriggs
    mkspriggs Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    you must be an amazing photographer because you look no where even close to 220 in the yellow shirt.
  • nomorefatbitch
    Options
    Whats NSV? You tall girls are so lucky (sigh) I read your weight, but you look like you weigh 160.

5002082.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Don't know if you got your answer (but it didn't see it further down on the responses).

NSV = Non Scale Victory
  • Kimkimba
    Kimkimba Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    You look gorgeous and skinny! You look way less than 220!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!