p90x or insanity?

Options
Do these programs work? I really need motivation.. I haven't been going to the gym like usual. I just need something new.. I have these two programs in mind.. If anyone has any other suggestions for losing weight at a decent rate and good exercise to do it, please let me know! thank you!

Replies

• edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    What is your fitness level?
  • Rena421
    Rena421 Posts: 31
    Options
    I tried p90x and I hated it. The time went so slow! I did the workout for a few months and then it sat in the box. I finally sold it. Insanity looks good, but really intense. I would recommend Turbo Jam and then graduate the Turbo Fire. The music is upbeat and fun! I feel like I'm at a club! Another great series of workouts are the Jillian Micheals DVD's.
  • cobaltis
    cobaltis Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I can attest that p90x is an amazing workout, but it requires a high level of fitness prior to starting. Many of my friends have done insanity and swear by it as well. P90x is more lifting and requires some equipment, weights pullupbar etc or bands and something to hook it over for pullup style workouts. Insanity doesnt require equipment. P90x is better for building muscle and insanity is better for pure fat loss. Neither work without motivation and proper diet though...
  • hsamaras
    hsamaras Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I tried insanity with my roomie for three weeks. Its very hard on your body for those 45 mins but it is soo worth it in the end. You just have to really stick to the program. I think we both lost about 5-15lbs in those 3 weeks. I can only imagine what I could have lost (and kept off) if I had just stuck to it.

I'm re-starting the program after finals week! helloooo summer bodyy!
  • JatieKo621
    JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I am on my last few days of INSANITY and I LOVE IT! It is so challenging-but I have lost inches and feel so much better. I started at 142lbs and although I didn't take measurements, I was pretty soft around the stomach area. Now I am at 134, and my abs are actually showing. If I had followed the diet plan I am sure I would have lost more, but I enjoy food too much to be as strict as I should.

It is REALLY intense, but you can do it at your own pace and just keep getting better. I tried it before and didn't finish, but this time I am on my last week and just feel so much better. I have more energy, I am in the best shape of my life, and I don't get bored with the workout. It is at home-so I can't flake on it. It helps me because if I have to go to the gym I might not end up going, but with insanity I have no excuses.

Plus Shaun T is pretty sexy. :)

I won't lie-its seriously tough. But if you stick with it at your pace you will end up getting better and better! I highly recommend it. I am probably going to do it again after I finish, with added workouts. I bought a heart rate monitor for insanity and found I am burning around 400-1000 calories-its ridiculous!! The second month is TOUGH-but like today, I did max interval plyo workout for 62 minutes and burned 869 calories! Try it out!
  • hsamaras
    hsamaras Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    now i'm really going to finish my program! thanks for sharing!
  • simplysara9
    simplysara9 Posts: 521
    Options
    I am in week 2 of Insanity and it is challenging. I am not bored with the program and actually enjoy doing it. (I did skip today because I am under the weather but will make it up tomorrow). I haven't lost much weight yet but I am burning around 300 calories in the 30 minute workouts. I am assuming in the second month I will be burning a lot more (it's a 60 minute workout).

I highly recommend it. I like the fact that I do not need equipment for it and I have enough space in my tiny living room. It is a huge time commitment (6 days a week for 10 weeks) but I think the end results will be worth it!
  • beverlyl64
    beverlyl64 Posts: 381
    Options
    Do these programs work? I really need motivation.. I haven't been going to the gym like usual. I just need something new.. I have these two programs in mind.. If anyone has any other suggestions for losing weight at a decent rate and good exercise to do it, please let me know! thank you!

What is your fitness level? That really is important when selecting a fitness program, also what are you needing, cardio to lose or are you needing to tone up?

Turbo Jam and Fire are great cardio programs for losing weight, Chalean Extreme is also good for losing but incorporates weights for toning. Insanity is just that insane, if you are at a higher level of fitness this will also help lose and tone. If you have lost the weight you want to lose and are ready for toning P90X is for you, you will still lose weight and inches but will really transform your body, but being fit is really important. All of these programs come with nutrition guides and it is important to follow them and the programs. Most if purchased from a Team Beachbody coach come with bonus DVD's that you don't get anywhere else. Msg me if you have any other questions.

Beverly
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I think Insanity if you just want fat loss - its pure maxed out cardio! P90X is about building muscle as well as cardio. Both are intense. But I think I prefer P90X because the workouts are all different - one day you lift, one day you do cardio, one day yoga, one day kenpo (kick boxing) and lift again, then a combo of all.

I think you need to be fitter for Insanity! People usually do it after P90X, or the hybrid of both of them.

There are lots of comparisons on google, so check them out. It really depends what you want and what type of workout you enjoy.

good luck :flowerforyou: