Low carb friends!

Options
Low carb high fat friends, add me! ☺️

Starting low carb wheat free today. I thought about doing keto, but have decided to just do low carb first to see how that goes. I did keto for about a month or so in the spring and felt amazingggg and had tons of energy; hoping that low carb and wheat free will help me with energy levels, mood, weight loss, etc. add me for support and comment here letting me know how wheat free and low carb has benefited you!

Thanks friends, have a wonderful day!

Replies

• dirtrockersgirl
    dirtrockersgirl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Doing low carb hi fat for a month and feeling great! Down 12 lbs! !! Looking for friends to lean on for support and ideas !! ;)
  • mrsroddy1228
    mrsroddy1228 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Doing low carb hi fat for a month and feeling great! Down 12 lbs! !! Looking for friends to lean on for support and ideas !! ;)

Nice! I sent you a friend request. How many carbs do you eat a day!?
  • kyladee50
    kyladee50 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi all, been doing very low carbs since about May. For the most part have lost weight and lowered my blood sugar and blood pressure very well. It's been amazing how well it works if u stay with it. Then there r days when u mess it all up. I've gotta admit it's been a lousy wknd for mess ups. But back on track today. What I really hate the most is the self let down, and the feeling that I'm powerless most of the time over ice cream lol.
  • ayfields29485
    ayfields29485 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Add me please really need to do low carb high cholesterol and 117 pounds overweight.
  • emd2570
    emd2570 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I've been dairy and gluten free for a few years - just started low carbs last week - I thought I was going to be miserable and cranky but I feel freaking great- less hungry - more energy - wish I did this sooner -
  • rosie711
    rosie711 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've lost 94 pounds since July '14 following a low carb diet. My carb intake is still low, but when I hit my end goal I will increase my carb intake only with natural, unprocessed foods. Remember, do what is most comfortable for you. I started with Paleo for 2 months and lost 20 pounds, then switched to low carb since it was easier for me.

In regards to benefits, the weight loss has been wonderful for my back pain, and knees. (Previous injuries) I am no longer on blood pressure meds. And I am overall happier :)

Good luck in your journey!
  • carom
    carom Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I have been doing keto for about 1 month, before that low cal which didn't really work for me. I love the high fat low carb diet that is Keto. I am quite strict with my calories and macros as I am so fed up with being this fat! 15kilos lost so far, I would like to lose another 15 by the end of the year. Anyone on low carb or keto, feel free to add me if you want to share diaries and motivation :)
  • LeviHelper
    LeviHelper Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Please add me in. I am constantly failing my diet and need some motivation. I want to lose 18 kg
  • LoreA1960
    LoreA1960 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I am restricted to 30-45 grams of carbs per meal. I am a type 2 diabetic. Since I've been counting calories as well as carbs I've lost 70 pounds.
  • Bikini4June
    Bikini4June Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am keen to do low carb but am wondering what you set your carb limit to daily? Want to be low carb not no carb! Thanks!
  • mrsroddy1228
    Options
    I am keen to do low carb but am wondering what you set your carb limit to daily? Want to be low carb not no carb! Thanks!

I am for 50 net carbs per day!
  • jillmcafee
    jillmcafee Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have been doing LCHF for a couple of weeks now. I am around 50-60 net carbs per day (I was previously getting around 60% of my calories from carbs). I dropped 5 lbs in 5 days (likely water weight) when I started. I seem to have stalled a bit here at the end of week two, but I feel better overall so I am going to continue. Still waiting for the "tons of energy" that I have been hearing about to kick in!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    There are several low carb groups if you want to search in the group section. You'll have a higher concentration of like-minded individuals.
  • mrsroddy1228
    Options
    jillmcafee wrote: »
    I have been doing LCHF for a couple of weeks now. I am around 50-60 net carbs per day (I was previously getting around 60% of my calories from carbs). I dropped 5 lbs in 5 days (likely water weight) when I started. I seem to have stalled a bit here at the end of week two, but I feel better overall so I am going to continue. Still waiting for the "tons of energy" that I have been hearing about to kick in!

Awesome!! I think it takes a week or so to get used to it and get past the "carb flu". I'm right there with you tho, hoping I'll have more energy next week! :)