Anyone else around 165 pounds with 20 pounds to go?

Options

Replies

• chrystenfo
    chrystenfo Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi there! 5'2 and 163 this morning, 20 lbs is also my goal. I am down from 183 at the beginning of the year. Hopefully I am more focused because I know this next 20 will be even harder. Feel free to send me a friend request!
  • sakurablush
    sakurablush Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 155 ibs (female, 31, 5'6) as from my previous weigh-in a couple of days ago. I'm half-way to my goal weight of 120 ibs now (I started back in February), which is pretty exciting! I'm hoping to be around 130 ibs by the end of the year, but I'll take whatever I can get.

So far I've found weight loss pretty easy by fasting and cutting out sugar, alcohol etc. I haven't had so much as a sip of wine since I started losing weight (I keep sneaking in 1-2 cookies a week though, lol. Marylands cookies are too good!), not because I can't but I won't allow myself wine until I'm done. As with everyone else, I get the second 35 ibs will be tougher,so I'll probably step up my activity even more.

Anyway, best of luck everyone
  • NaturallyandProperly
    NaturallyandProperly Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    5'4 192lbs trying to loose 50 more. feel free to add me (already down 18)
  • GeddesFit
    GeddesFit Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 originally 188lbs but down to 156lbs with another 30ish to go.
  • luv_2_runn
    luv_2_runn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am at 160lbs and 5ft. I have about 30lbs to go to reach my goal. I have lost a total of 23lbs. I just started using this app a couple of days ago. I am hoping to see some results. Because I do a lot of weight training, I consume about 1500 cal a day.
  • MissAbbee
    MissAbbee Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    5ft 6.5 and 164lbs starting at 177 trying to get to 140 :smile:
  • suziecue20
    suziecue20 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft and started at 16l lbs - lost 5lbs in 3 weeks so now 156 lbs - first goal is 123 lbs, then re-evaluate to lose a bit more.
  • ErinV1974
    ErinV1974 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    5'5" and currently hovering around 162-167. Trying to get down to 150. HOWEVER, this weekend I went clothes shopping and found I dropped a pants size, from 12 to 10. That made my day. GO US! If I can do it, we all can!
  • 2006T
    2006T Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" at 172 - actually up from 162 - yikes! Want to take 20 off! I am overall down from 212 and don't want to go the other direction any further. Could definitely use the support and accountability!
  • KimberlyAndrews1
    KimberlyAndrews1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm 50 years old and 5'5" and started at 189 lbs. I'm currently at 172 lbs and want to get down to 145 lbs or less, so 27 lbs to go! I would love to be in the 130's again and if it happens, then wonderful, but I will be happy and satisfied with 140's. Although, once I'm down to 145 I may feel differently. lol Losing weight is one of the hardest things I've ever done next to quitting smoking back in 1993.
  • AKNMHunt
    AKNMHunt Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and 165. 20 till the top of my goal. Diary is open. Last week was healthier and more balanced than this week
  • amymcd
    amymcd Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm 169 down from 182, 5'8", and 55 years old. I'd like to be 140-145, and have stalled at this weight for a while.
  • aganey
    aganey Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    5' 7" and just had a baby 8 weeks ago. I weighed 201 the morning I had her and I now weigh 163. I'm aiming for 140 so I have about 23 pounds left to lose. The weight I've already lost came off within the first few weeks after birth from breastfeeding. I'm still breastfeeding but I'm at a stand still. I got the ok two weeks ago to exercise but I just started tonight with an ab and squat challenge. I plan on walking as well.
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    5'7" and 163 here trying to get to 140 by January (Started at 210 last January)
  • Ca53Buckeye
    Ca53Buckeye Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I want to join this choir. second week of November 2023, by Dr had me join a clinic weight loss healthy eating group. I am 5'3" and 71 years old. My goal is to be the delivery weight of my first child 42 years ago--he was 145#. I started at 199.x [don't remember the freckle anymore] and today's [9may2024] naked weigh-in was 163.8. Whatever size clothes I am in, my top is always one size smaller than my bottom. I have a true size 16 jeans [meaning not elastic but zipper and rivet] that if I lightly tug they fall off. Best guess what I will be [other than thinner 8->] sizewise with another 18 pounds to go?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,370 Member
    Options
    I want to join this choir. second week of November 2023, by Dr had me join a clinic weight loss healthy eating group. I am 5'3" and 71 years old. My goal is to be the delivery weight of my first child 42 years ago--he was 145#. I started at 199.x [don't remember the freckle anymore] and today's [9may2024] naked weigh-in was 163.8. Whatever size clothes I am in, my top is always one size smaller than my bottom. I have a true size 16 jeans [meaning not elastic but zipper and rivet] that if I lightly tug they fall off. Best guess what I will be [other than thinner 8->] sizewise with another 18 pounds to go?

Well, this choir last sang in 2015, so I wouldn't be surprised if most of them are gone by now, unfortunately.

It sounds like you're making great progress: Kudos!

I'm age 68, 5'5" and around 130 pounds (down from 183 back in 2015, which was class 1 obese for my height). Since weight loss was in 2015-16, it's hard for me to remember all the details, but I do recall that the calendar time between sizes got shorter and shorter as I got lighter, even though I was also intentionally losing more slowly as I got closer to goal weight.

Are you talking US "misses" sizes? That's what I'm familiar with. If that's it, and you're at 16 being loose now, I'm thinking you might be looking at 12 or even 10 with 18 pounds more loss, but that's a wild guess. Who knows, maybe even 8? There are lots of variables in the mix. I've been in US misses size 6 jeans since 2016, but I have (statistically speaking) a bit more muscle mass than average for our demographic (so a little leaner than average at that weight overall), plus a somewhat narrow pelvic width (boyish shape :D ). Size 6 is snug for me if I range into the upper 130s, quite loose if I get to 125 or below.

It's funny how much bodies vary. I'm actually bigger in tops (M to L in that scheme) if something has sleeves, because my shoulders are boyishly (manishly?) wide; but can be in S or even XS in tank tops. (No breasts, post-bilateral-mastectomies, no reconstruction, which contributes to that weirdness.)

Maybe some other women will chime in here who have more recent memories about the size/weight correlations. It will matter how much muscle mass you have, and what your overall shape is (y'know, that rectangle, triangle, inverted triangle kind of thing - I'm guessing rectangle or triangle from what you said about tops vs. bottoms sizes). You can get a super-rough estimate of current body fat percent level from one of the online so-called "calculators", such as this one:

https://www.calculator.net/body-fat-calculator.html

That'll give you some idea of how average you might be, as a bit of input to this thinking . . . with the caution that none of this is gospel, just rough estimates.
  • FibroHiker
    FibroHiker Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7", started at 171 and currently at 155. Aiming for 140 for a total of 31 pound loss. I have an open diary for friends and post my workouts (when I do them). Feel free to add.
  • roseym10
    roseym10 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" 165 lbs down from the 170's. I'm also counting macros and finally losing about a lb a week after counting just calories for years. My goal is also losing 20 lbs but I'm taking it in increments as it is overwhelming to think about losing 20lbs. I'll be happy to get to 150 and then reassess. I'm 61 and I don't want to lose so much that I start looking older and gaunt
  • kathy2845
    kathy2845 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i currently weigh 170 and I am 79 yr. old. Highest weight was 235. Now trying to get to 150 or 155. walking approximately 2 to 3 miles per day and scale is at a standstill. Eating approximately 800 to 1000 calories per day - not sure if I need to increase my calorie intake but it doesn't seem like this last 15 to 20 pounds is ever going to come off.
  • rcervetto
    rcervetto Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7", 35, currently 163 lbs. Trying to get down to 140-145. Highest weight (outside pregnancy) was 200 lb in early 2016. Lost 30 lbs in mid 2016, then had 2 babies in 2017 and 2019, been up and down in between 160-185 in the interim years. Back at it trying to lose the weight for good. I was at 184 in September 2023 and have lost 20 lbs since then, set for 1 lb per week loss but happy to take it slow.