35% Protien 25% carbs 40% fat

Options
Desperately looking for some one on the same or similar macro ratio plan me. This ratio was suggested by a fitness trainer to me today butI have no clue what to eat to accomplish this so new friends with open diarys on the same plan would really really help although any info is appreciated:))

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    You don't need to follow what your PT has given... is he qualified in nutrition etc?
    • 0.6-0.8g of protein per lb of body mass
    • 0.4-0.45g of fat per lb of body mass
    • fill rest of calories with carbs
  • DontJustWishForItWorkForIt
    Options
    I would like to follow what he suggested. He is a well sought after trainer and all his clients have fantastic results.Thanks for your input though: )
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    A lot of meat, eggs, butter, nuts, some dairy, vegetables.
    Options
    Now that sounds like a eating plan I can enjoy! Lol Thank you I will play around with those foods in my food diary and figure out a plan that meets all my goals:)
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I do 30% protein 30% carbs 40% fats. I love eggs and I love their protein fat calorie ratio.
    Options
    Mind if I add you Asher?
  • elpomo
    elpomo Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm 40% Protein, 35% Fat, 25% Carbs...my breakfast is always the same shake, lunch is pretty bell balanced, but come dinner time is when I have to get "creative" and end up eating random foods...I eat a lot of peanut butter and bacon for dinner :D
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    Options
    That honestly is a great macro ratio he gave you. Almonds, almond butter, all natural PB, eggs, and ground turkey and fish are perfect ways to reach your fat goals. Carbs should be filled with veggies, oats, sweet potatoes, brown rice, etc. Protein is easily made up with chicken breast, egg whites, etc, not to mention you'll get protein from your fat sources as well. Also try to make sure you're getting a good amount of fiber. I rarely even work out these days due to time constraints but have maintained my body on a clean diet and very similar macros.
    Options
    Good to know. Thank you for the info:) Every bit helps.
  • debovanm
    debovanm Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have a food scheme they want to share with these macros? I'm having a hard time to set this up. Would be easier if i had an example. Or is there a site where you can search recipes to fit your macros?
  • Paul_Collyer
    Paul_Collyer Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Desperately looking for some one on the same or similar macro ratio plan me. This ratio was suggested by a fitness trainer to me today butI have no clue what to eat to accomplish this so new friends with open diarys on the same plan would really really help although any info is appreciated:))

I am doing 30 carb, 25 protein and 45 fat. Kind of arrived at it by trial and error having been doing MFP since 2012. Gives me enough to get my exercise in and also seems to result in faster weight loss without doing anything too radical diet wise.

Feel free to follow etc.

• Paul_Collyer
    Paul_Collyer Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Btw, we just bought a spiralizer - have done Butternut squash noodles and carbonara so far. It's excellent!
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    You don't need to follow what your PT has given... is he qualified in nutrition etc?

Yes, don't listen to your personal trainer. Listen to some random guy on the internet instead. SMH
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    edited September 2015
    Options
    kwtilbury wrote: »

Yes, don't listen to your personal trainer. Listen to some random guy on the internet instead. SMH

Those numbers are backed up by a lot of science (although slightly converted from lbs of lean body mass to lbs of mass).

OP, out of curiosity, how many calories do they have you on? One cannot tell if they are good macros without the other part of the equation. Also, did your PT recommend a food scale? If not, pick one up. It's a great tool to ensure accuracy.

Anyways, I would also recommend prelogging your calories. This will allow you to play with various combinations of food so that you can hit your macros.
  • IsaackGMOON
    edited September 2015
    Options

K den
  • cajuntank
    cajuntank Posts: 924 Member
    Options

OP asks a question to random people on the Internet, and you are surprised she gets random guy responding, to which I concur with @psulemon... the numbers are backed up by a lot of science....but I digress.
  • IsaackGMOON
    edited September 2015
    Options
    cajuntank wrote: »

OP asks a question to random people on the Internet, and you are surprised she gets random guy responding, to which I concur with @psulemon... the numbers are backed up by a lot of science....but I digress.

lol nailed it