McDonald's NEW Artisan Grilled Chicken Sandwich

Options
joshperson195
joshperson195 Posts: 819 Member
edited April 2015 in Food and Nutrition
I haven't had fast food in the longest time (with the exception of the occasional ice cream or a few french fries) but the new Artisan Grilled Chicken Sandwich from McDonald's macros look pretty good. Without the bun (not whole wheat.. sigh) the chicken breast alone is 140 calories and 24 grams of protein, 3.5 grams of fat... So pretty much straight protein. Hell yeah!

Not saying I plan on having fast food anytime soon, but it's nice to have the option next time I find myself at a Micky D's...

If anyone has tried it, let me know!

Replies

• htg20
    htg20 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I didn't like it. Mainly the bun I guess, I liked their old buns better. Seems like the chicken wasn't very good either though.
  • norie92
    norie92 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    If you're just gonna eat the patty just make some chicken breast at home :|
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I tried this last week. I really liked it.
  • sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    Options
    If I'm paying $5-6 for a chicken sandwich, it isn't going to be from bland McDonalds.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    norie92 wrote: »
    If you're just gonna eat the patty just make some chicken breast at home :|

kind of what I was thinking yes.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i wasn't a fan of that but i did/do like the asian chicken salad
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Necro thread.

That said, too many calories stuck in that bun. I'll take the regular grilled chicken sandwich, thanks.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    wait doesn't it have to be a trained artisan preparing the chicken to be called artisan?
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,637 Member
    Options
    I was never a fan of their grilled chicken but I liked the artisan grilled chicken. I only had the filet tho...not the bun.
  • rainah84
    rainah84 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Parmesan chicken sandwich from Longhorn wins me over rather than McD's.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I actually really like the bun. I liked the dressing as well, which pretty much makes the sandwich. The meat itself was really bland, though. I never thought I'd say this about fast food, but please add sodium to the meat. I prefer Wendy's Ultimate Chicken Grill for a few calories more.
  • br3adman
    br3adman Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I can buy an entire chicken for $3.00 and eat several meals. Wouldnt try it even tho got mcd stock lol.