Sydking Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I prefer high carb.. 200g a day min

Need it when you training hard
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    indigohope wrote: »
    I guess it's my age and I cannot process/burn calories like I used to.
    We will see what the scale tells me this week :)

I'm your same age. I eat carbs. I've lost 50 lbs.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    @indigohope at 63 carbs had become toxic to my body driving my pain levels through the roof so I cut out foods containing sugars and or grains. Eating < 50 grams of carbs daily the pain was managed 30 days later and that was about a year ago. While pain management was my goal I am under 200 for the first time in 22 years, IBS was cured in six month. No more sugar crashes and mental fog after a meal.

Carbs are fine as long they like your body but I expect most that are fat did not get fat due to overeating protein and fats. :)

Ah and the untruths start, if you cut out foods containing sugars, you'd be at zero carbs, not sub 50

Also what would lead you to expect most overweight/fat people became that way from overeating carbs? I would certainly think many overweight people would have gotten that way partly due to intake of hyperpalatable foods, many of which contain both carbs and fats + sodium.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    indigohope wrote: »
    Hi!
    I feel so guilty eating a few pretzel chips, or piece of bread. I'm 43 and worried that I can't lose weight if I eat a small amt of carb...breads/pasta etc.

I remember reading it's ok if you have it with a protein.

Any thoughts on this? Thank you!

unless you have a medical condition there is no reason to avoid carbs.

carbs do not make you fat, eating in a caloric surplus does.

if you are having feelings of guilt about eating certain foods then you need to reconsider your relationship with food, as it sounds like an unhealthy one.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    @indigohope at 63 carbs had become toxic to my body driving my pain levels through the roof so I cut out foods containing sugars and or grains. Eating < 50 grams of carbs daily the pain was managed 30 days later and that was about a year ago. While pain management was my goal I am under 200 for the first time in 22 years, IBS was cured in six month. No more sugar crashes and mental fog after a meal.

Carbs are fine as long they like your body but I expect most that are fat did not get fat due to overeating protein and fats. :)

you are losing weight because you are in a calorie deficit. CICO
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a medical issue, low carb is unnecessary. I lost 72 pounds eating carbs--much less than I had before, but that's because carbs are easy for me to overeat.

Food isn't bad. You're going to have an easier time adhering to a diet if you plan for a serving of pretzel chips than if you end up in a restrict/binge cycle. You might find prelogging your day so that you can fit in carbs along with fat and protein.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    I'm no longer trying to lose, but this is what a 1400-calorie day with bananas, tortilla chips, and white rice looks like:

54b328uz8o63.png

That's not even high-carb. And I wasn't hungry at all.