How to add more protein?

Options
Hey everyone,

Looking at my nutrition chart the past week I notice that I'm lacking in protein and going for what's on hand, which are mostly carb related items. Any suggestions for what types of protein to add so I can avoid the sugary stuff?

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Chicken breasts. Tuna. Whey. Beans. Lentils.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    And to add: Turkey, shrimp, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, beef, sardines, beef jerky, protein bars
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Like ready-to-eat non carbby stuff?

Hard boiled eggs, cheese, yogurt, cottage cheese, jerkey, summer sausage, peanut butter, nuts, pork rinds. I make homemade "cliff bar" nuggets from oats, peanut butter and protein powder.
  • kathrynjean_
    kathrynjean_ Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I don't eat meat, but even for those who do eat meat, tofu is a really versatile source of protein. Seriously - with all the different textures and ways you can prepare it, it can be a nice way to change things up every now and then. This morning I made myself a super yummy tofu scramble for breakfast and it was 40+ grams of protein, around 400 cals, and kept me full all morning.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I was just going to ask a similar question. Right now I'm using eggs, I keep boiled eggs in the fridge, gelatin, cheese, shrimp, and sometimes protein powder in smoothies, but I'm not getting as much as I should.

The plain gelatin goes into my coffee and vitamix soups.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Lentils, tuna, blue grenadier, chicken and beef are my protein top choices.

Oh and eggs.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    non-fat greek yogurt - my faves are fage 0% plain and the dannon light & fit greek fruit yogurts, especially the cherry.

low fat slices of your favorite cheese, egg white salad (eat on bread or with a spoon), cottage cheese, protein powder, quest bars, morningstar farms meatless meats - the sausage, i hear, is terrific. chicken breast, which can be sliced or made into salad.
  • Sydking
    Sydking Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    yer easy.

Eat more protein...

Meat, Beans. Lentils are all excellent