How do I log this?

Options
I'm having trouble wrapping my head around logging food. I want to be strict and log all and everything. But like now, I'm have lunch (yes late) and I'm having home made street tacos. How do I log sauce and guacamole?

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    By weight, generally. By tablespoon if it is a liquid. If it is premade sauce and guac, then use the nutritional info from the pack. If it is homemade, use the recipe builder to work out how much it is, then log it that way.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    What kind of sauce? Salsa? Find a brand/entry and guess how many tablespoons. I'm used to weighing avocado and guacamole at home so I might just put a grams entry in for avocado. Find an entry that seems appropriate for the shell. Add whatever vegetables, eyeball the amount of protein in ounces. A taco is a pretty easy one to guess usually.
  • MrsAbarca2011
    MrsAbarca2011 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm trying the recipe builder. its still kinda confusing to me, I guess since I've never done it. Ive just been kinda guessing but u can fluctuate with that a lot.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Oh home made street tacos. I thought you meant you got it off the taco truck.

Then weigh and log all the food you ate. You can use the recipe builder or you could just add everything separately to your dinner.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    The recipe builder can be confusing. The way I do it is this:

1. Weigh the pan (Keep a list of your pans for future reference).
    2. Weigh all raw ingredients that go into the main dish and cook.
    3. Weigh the finished product and subtract the pan. The number of grams equals the number of portions of food.
    4. Log all tortillas, guac, salsa, etc separately.
    5. When you put the taco meat in the recipe builder, put only one ingredient in the body of the first page and manually add each additional ingredient on the second. MFP tends to spit out some random ingredients (I think I got protein powder instead of carrots once).
    6. Log your 198 servings of taco filling.