40 lbs to lose!

Options
That number just seems so huge to me and the road looks very long, but I started the journey in reducing my weight with diet, exercise, and My Fitness Pal. I can use some motivation and I can sure help motivate others.

Replies

• myjeansaretight
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 40 also. I'm sad that I even let myself gain that much but those college years can be unkind :) We'll do it!
  • opalle
    opalle Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    It can be overwhelming when you first start but once you do and stick to your limits, you'll see that number get lower and lower. I find setting mini goals helps.

Good luck. You both can do this. :)
  • adbrodi
    adbrodi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm on the same adventure. My goal is 40lbs by December from today. Good luck to you!

• tacalliste
    tacalliste Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My wicked scale just told me the same thing...I need to lose 40lbs I want to fit back into my size 12 suit without popping all the buttons off. What have you guys started trying? I've switched from white to brown rice, I'm slowly cutting bread, no pasta ( although rice isn't the greatest) and I have the baddest sweet tooth ...help me
  • jtate0212
    jtate0212 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Me too!
  • bunny22114
    bunny22114 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to lose 40 pounds by December too! Good thing is I actually lost weight during pregnancy but gained it all back and more after she was born.
  • amazetome
    amazetome Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    My first goal was to lose 40 and I remember how overwhelmed I felt at that number. I started last December and have now lost 45, so I know from experience that you can do it! Feel free to friend me and we can motivate each other :smiley:
  • wayne206
    wayne206 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    i weighed 220(male) on 8-6. doc said lose weight. i've lost 14-15lbs and stopped losing for 3-4 days. im determined.
  • wayne206
    wayne206 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    oh yeah, i have 40 to lose total.
  • mayalevitsky258
    Options
    Trying to loose 40 pounds too. Cut out white straches and sugar. Anyone have good easy to prepare lunch recipes?
  • amccoid
    amccoid Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Im in the same boat. Im 20 lbs over my scary number on the scale and need to lose 40 in total. I've finally reached the point where enough is enough. I don't feel like myself anymore and need to make some big changes.
  • mirandagirl2
    mirandagirl2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I know it seems insurmountable but I know that you can be successful ☺ Feel free to add
  • mbirdcentene1963
    Options
    Thanks everybody!! I have a big weekend coming up and I will be tested - but I will keep track of my intake and output and pray that all goes well. Have a great labor day weekend!
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Hi I also have 40 pounds to lose. I feel you when you said it seems like such a big number. I like setting mini goals then eventually that big number won't seem so big!!! Good luck and feel free to add me!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Split that number into smaller increments (example: 5lbs loss per month) and celebrate each target you hit. It won't seem so daunting and you might enjoy reaching your goals :D Good luck.
  • LoveIshie
    LoveIshie Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    @Mbirdcentene1963, If the number is too bothersome to you, I will suggest you re-evaluate your weight loss goal and come up with a more realistic number that is workable. Maybe set your goal to lose 10-15lbs in 3 to 6 months? Once you meet that goal, you set a new one. Its like you've conquered one mountain and going for another. Make it simple. You can do this and we are here to push and support you. Add me if you still need friends.