Diet Soda Cake

Options
I am sure this has been posted before but I am confused by what I see online. Some recipes call for just the cake mix and diet soda, some want eggs.

What have you guys had success with? I have devils food cake mix and diet dr pepper cherry. I have real eggs too
I just want to know what needs to go in so the cake stays together and my family can enjoy it.

Replies

• GLJezebel
    GLJezebel Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I've only made this once and I only used the cake mix and the Coke. It was kind of fudgy and really good.
  • electricnarwhal
    Options
    I made this a while back with just some cake mix and a can of diet coke. :) No eggs. It came out fine for me.
  • xxCelestexx
    xxCelestexx Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    okay. Anyoneknow how much diet soda?
  • GLJezebel
    Options
    I used one can.
  • OnionCookie
    OnionCookie Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    One whole can.
  • StargirlHeuser
    StargirlHeuser Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    One box of cake mix + one 12 oz can of soda. No eggs necessary. :)

I prefer to make cupcakes with this.
  • AmandaArnwine
    Options
    That's NOT Diet Food !! lol
  • xxCelestexx
    Options
    It may not be diet food but its a compromise with my family. They bought boxed cake mix and I am trying to lower the calories in it.
  • allybtucker
    Options
    This cake had good reviews, and it's just a box of cake mix and a can of coke. I've never made this. Cake mixes are really not the healthiest choice. Sorry, I shouldn't be a wet blanket :-) http://www.food.com/recipe/diet-soda-cake-287112
  • xxCelestexx
    Options
    You guys are killing me. I'm using the supplies I have and I am not eating the entire cake by myself. I'm thankful my mom was nice enough to buy a cake mix. This isnt a cooking household so there is a big lack of supplies to make things from scratch.
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I dont think she was asking what everyones opinion of a healthy food is, she was just asking a question in general.
    Celeste, it is a box of cake mix and a can of coke. And good for you for taking what you have and trying to make it healthier!
  • monkeybuttsmommy
    monkeybuttsmommy Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Eating right does not mean NEVER having unhealthy food.It's called MODERATION. Your adjusting it and who cares what some ppl think? Your adjusting your life to meet your needs not thiers. ENJOY!!!!!
  • monkeybuttsmommy
    monkeybuttsmommy Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I dont think she was asking what everyones opinion of a healthy food is, she was just asking a question in general.
    Celeste, it is a box of cake mix and a can of coke. And good for you for taking what you have and trying to make it healthier!

THANKS FOR SAYING IT!
  • Daisygurl7
    Daisygurl7 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    It's perfectly fine every once in a while!! It's a great cake - the only reason they suggest to add eggs is cause it's less likely to add eggs. Don't worry about it - I've made it in cupcakes with diet 7up and white cake and they were sooooooooooooo moist and yummy!! I've also made it with that but after cake cooled I added sugar free cherry jello and light whip cream for frosting! IT WAS AWESOME!! Everyone needs something sweet every now and then - You'll be fine, and so will your kids! :)
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Anytime! Nobody messes with my MFP's! LOL
  • AlexandraR2011
    AlexandraR2011 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I just used the can of soda and cake mix and it worked great! I topped it with light whipped cream. super yummy!
  • GLJezebel
    Options
    Celeste, make the cake. It's your deal, your way, your life. It isn't anyone else's business. Have a piece and enjoy it. I liked it when I made it.
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! She was NOT ASKING FOR ANYONES OPINIONS. She was asking how to make it. U all need to give her a break. People do live their lives.
  • CBaumgardner7
    CBaumgardner7 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I have 2 recipes that I use....

Pumpkin Spice Cake
    1 box of spice cake mix
    1 lg can of pumpkin(take and discard 1 cup)
    Mix together and bake at 350. These make great muffins also. :) My kids always request this one. Great with lite whipped cream on it. :)

Pineapple Angel Food Cake
    1 can crushed pineapples
    1 box of angel food cake mix
    Mix together and bake for 350. Great again served with Cool Whip.
  • GLJezebel
    Options
    I have 2 recipes that I use....

Pumpkin Spice Cake
    1 box of spice cake mix
    1 lg can of pumpkin(take and discard 1 cup)
    Mix together and bake at 350. These make great muffins also. :) My kids always request this one. Great with lite whipped cream on it. :)

Pineapple Angel Food Cake
    1 can crushed pineapples
    1 box of angel food cake mix
    Mix together and bake for 350. Great again served with Cool Whip.

I can't decide which one of the two sounds better. YUMMY!!