Fitness Trackers!

Options

Replies

• susansmoaks
    susansmoaks Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    i have the nike fuelband. i like it but my dog just chewed up the charging cord so i had to order another one. also i can't seem to upload my info anymore, but other than that it's great.
  • ty_palmer09
    Options
    I have a Nike Fuelband. It is looks cool and has a good ap but does not integrate with MFP which is a big deal for me. Looking at the Microsoft Band.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I have a FitBit One and would definitely buy the same model again if I need to. It's nice that it can be clipped discreetly away from site where it's not going to get dunked into washing up water or banged against desks etc and it's not there looking clunky on your wrist when you're dressed up for a night out! FitBit have excellent customer service and replaced my last one free of charge when it started misreporting flights of stairs - absolutely no quibble and I had it delivered free the following day! You don't strictly need one to lose weight but it does focus you on how little you do during a normal week and pushes you on to achieve more. Mine is a long path and I sincerely believe it has helped me tremendously so far (92lbs lost since owning it).
  • WaterBunnie
    Options
    *sight
  • superfox12082
    superfox12082 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I have a Jawbone UP and I love it! It certainly motivates me to get moving!
  • freechewy
    freechewy Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    iWatch looks tempting but I have used a fitbit for two years now and don't want to lose all of my reporting data
  • snowy0wl
    snowy0wl Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    anyone going to get a jawbone up 3? it is the integration of bodymedia technology using skin measurements rather than math extrapolations from just an acclerometer?

I've used a garmin Vivosmart. Have a polar Loop, a bodymedia link, used a mio alpha and have on order a M400. I'm considering upgrading the up3 but it's an expensive bugger.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    snowy0wl wrote: »
    anyone going to get a jawbone up 3? it is the integration of bodymedia technology using skin measurements rather than math extrapolations from just an acclerometer?

I've used a garmin Vivosmart. Have a polar Loop, a bodymedia link, used a mio alpha and have on order a M400. I'm considering upgrading the up3 but it's an expensive bugger.

I am waiting for it... I like my Bodymedia and I hope the accuracy continues in the UP3.
  • chrissy7223
    chrissy7223 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have a vivofit and I love it. Keeps me on track and accountable for my activity. I keep telling hubby its a bully when that red line appears though lol. But i still get up and move whereas without it, i would still be sitting on my butt lol.
  • 63jim
    63jim Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Were you able to get Pebble data into MFP? I'm loving the Pebble/Misfit/iPhone combination, but for the life of me I haven't been able to get my Pebble activity into MFP.

(snip)
    I also used the Pebble Watch version of the MisFit app for a while, but since I wear my watch on the "wrong" hand, I had a lot of inaccurate activity, so I figured it was worth getting the actual device instead (but the Pebble is also waterproof).

• WaterBunnie
    Options
    snowy0wl wrote: »

Why so many? Are you finding them inaccurate? Which was your favourite up to now? Or still looking for one you'll be happy with?

• AndreasEvans
    AndreasEvans Posts: 35 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    63jim wrote: »
    Were you able to get Pebble data into MFP?

Yes...in Misfit App, select Me, then settings (cog top right), then select Apps. Now scroll to MyFitnessPal & connect.

Ok...that's the Misfit App sorted, after a few minutes or so go to MFP "More" menu (••• bottom right) scroll to Steps & select Misfit.

Good luck.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,198 Member
    Options
    kwbinmd wrote: »

Next, for me continuous heart rate monitoring is not nearly as valuable as workout heart rate monitoring. Optical hrms just aren't as accurate as chest straps during highly active workouts. Chest straps work just like the EKG you're hooked up to during a stress test. This helps one train smarter, not harder.

This is an excellent point for people considering purchases: If you aspire to be an athlete, or consider yourself one already, an accurate HRM is an important training tool.

I'm not trying to dis general fitness trackers, which are very motivating for lots of folks and help with tracking for weight loss and general healthfulness purposes, but if you're training to run faster, ski faster, row faster or something like that, you need solid HR data from your workouts.
  • mypapermoon512
    mypapermoon512 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have the Garmin vivofit and I love it. I wear it swimming in the pool and it doesn't harm it any. I previously tried just a pedometer to see if I would actually like it, but it didn't sync, so I moved to one that would. I got mine refurbished on amazon and it came with a warranty, and it was only like $54. I also like that the battery lasts a long time and I can sync it with my phone at any time.
  • miztessbert
    miztessbert Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Two months ago I bought a Jawbone UP Move from Costco and I love it. I wanted a good "intro" fitness tracker to see if I would like it and actually use it before spending big bucks on one. I like that it uses a battery and does not have to be constantly charged. It's a great motivator and I've used it everyday since I bought it. It tracks steps, calories and sleep. Using it in combination with MFP and MapMyWalk has been helping me get active and lose weight.
  • lesleeg45005
    lesleeg45005 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i have vivofit 2 - so far, so good
  • robdel302
    robdel302 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I have the Garmin Vivoactive. I love the thing, especially one of the extra apps a pulled that allows me to track weight lifting. Although I still don't think anything beats bodymedia in regards to accuracy and auto tracking. No need to tell the thing you are exercising, it automatically could tell based on sensors. But when they switched from an annual fee to monthly, I decided I needed to ditch it. I'd go back in a heartbeat if the annual fee ever came back.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    I had a Body Media armband and upgraded to a Garmin VivoActive a few months ago. LOVE it! The fitness tracker gives me a snapshot of my day, syncs with MFP, and it keeps me accountable.

I love the Garmin because it works with the chest strap for HR, has a good web-interface and iPhone app, the app store is ever-increasing with new apps and watch faces to download, it's waterproof, it gets notifications from my phone. Just love it!

I used this site when I was researching--hope it helps!

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2404445,00.asp
  • Dianemh77
    Dianemh77 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just got my garmin vivosmart today. Loving it so far. Going on a holiday next week for 3 weeks, so no distractions of everyday life from my goals :-)
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit charge and love it. I use the polar HRM for other exercises that the fitbit can't track.