PMS: How to overcome the chocolate cravings during PMS?

Options
drsbeautygmailcom890
drsbeautygmailcom890 Posts: 20 Member
edited September 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
:*

Replies

• victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Eat some chocolate!
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Eat chocolate! Preferably lots!
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    Just have some. Your body s burning a bit more right noe anyway and it won't make a difference over the week if you get on track as soon as you're not as hormonal
  • xxItsViviBaby
    xxItsViviBaby Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Same problem! I crave the worst things possible during my time of the month. Either have some (which is hard for me because I always tend to go over board), or find something equally satisfying that's not as caloric. I like the Fiber One brownies (warmed in the microwave) with a 1/4 cup churned vanilla ice cream (about 150 calories) or some Skinny Cow chocolates. Does the job without totally ruining my diet for the day!
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    I find if I focus on meeting all my nutritional goals for the day , esp. Protein and fiber, I am less likely to crave stuff. Bit if I really really want it....I have some.
  • drsbeautygmailcom890
    Options
    McBar13 wrote: »
    Same problem! I crave the worst things possible during my time of the month. Either have some (which is hard for me because I always tend to go over board), or find something equally satisfying that's not as caloric. I like the Fiber One brownies (warmed in the microwave) with a 1/4 cup churned vanilla ice cream (about 150 calories) or some Skinny Cow chocolates. Does the job without totally ruining my diet for the day!
    If i dont be careful, i could gain 8 pounds ever month during PMS. I eat and don't feel full. I have to literally control my cravings. I treat myself to chocolate turtles but I feel so guilty afterwards
  • manto2112
    manto2112 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Maybe you can make some homemade Nutella. Some hazelnuts, dark chocolate or cocoa (no sugar) put it in the blender with the sweetener that you like the most and ready!
  • drsbeautygmailcom890
    Options
    manto2112 wrote: »
    Maybe you can make some homemade Nutella. Some hazelnuts, dark chocolate or cocoa (no sugar) put it in the blender with the sweetener that you like the most and ready!

Thanks, most of the time, i just end up chewying an entire pack of gum to satisfy the sweet tooth..lol
  • rosnigetsfit
    rosnigetsfit Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I don't know the answer. I usually end up eating them. Lol
  • MrsSylvie
    MrsSylvie Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    i feed my chocolate craving, if not i end up feeling like i am starving all day even if i am not!!
    I make my normal breakfast shake and add extra 100% unsweeten cocoa in it during that week or so.
    but, most importantly, i found a chocolate snack replacement that i enjoy and that also fits my diet/health goal.
    'organic peanut chocolate chip energy squares', they are really yummy! very nutritious and really filling so i don't get that constant I feel hungry feeling all day and since these contain every nutrients i track in them, i happily eat them guilt free.
  • Bhlinebee
    Bhlinebee Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I usually eat something salty and crunchy, like cucumbers with salt. Going the complete opposite direction works for me and fills me up.
  • manto2112
    manto2112 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    manto2112 wrote: »

Thanks, most of the time, i just end up chewying an entire pack of gum to satisfy the sweet tooth..lol

Hahahah been there, done that. I really recommend you to try some gluten free and no sugar desserts for those days. Forget about those milk chocolates that you find in the store and buy some dark chocolate or cocoa!
    If you like coffee you can melt some dark chocolate with black coffee, then to the fridge until hard and then make some chocolate balls. Yummy, simple and low cal.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Eat the chocolate! :D
  • TorontoDiane
    TorontoDiane Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    lara chocolate chip or lara coconut brownie bar.. tastes like a date square.. without the oats on it.. but filled with pieces of nuts too .. total yum
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Eat some chocolate!

Exactly! :)

Deprivation diets are unsustainable, and lead to bingeing and yo-yoing.
  • Labyrinthine93
    Labyrinthine93 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I almost always work a chocolate treat into my day. I find the bite sized chocolates work well. Preferably dark. You want quality here.

I've also heard magnesium supplements help with cravings, but I'd rather just have the chocolate.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Buy Magnesium pills.

I never crave chocolate during PMS for some reason. But give me all the pizza, pasta, and bread, lol.
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Darker, richer chocolate seems to hit the spot faster than milk chocolate. I've also been able to stave off chocolate cravings with a 60 calorie dark chocolate hot cocoa k-cup. If I'm feeling snacky too, the chocolate cheerios go a ways for only 110 calories/serving.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    I eat what I crave! I normally am happy with half a bar of chocolate but come that time its usually a full bar - heck at 280 calories or thereabouts I'm having it and so what! LOL :smiley:
  • emily_fox
    emily_fox Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    It is quite interesting how most (not all) women crave chocolate during that TOM. It makes you wonder what the heck is going on physiologically to cause it. My last period, I didn't have chocolate and I was so irritable! I'm not doing that again, and will opt for dark chocolate...with sea salt, so good!