Losing weight to get pregnant.

Options
Hi there everybody! I'm looking for friends who can help keep me motivated on my battle with getting this weight off. I feel that the accountability thing really works. Having someone there to encourage you to make the right choices is always helpful! Well, I have pcos. Been diagnosed since I was 12 years old. I just recently got married on March 28th and we want to have kids fairly soon. I am 23 years old and feel like I'm getting old (the ladies in my family get pregnant at 18). So if any of you would like to add me please do so. Thanks for your time!

Replies

• dmeechin
    dmeechin Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Friend me. I just started my process to losing weight to get pregnant. We can hold each other accountable.
  • bonsai89
    bonsai89 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    In the same boat! I'm 26 years old, 5'4, 244 pounds down from 253, and engaged to be married next summer. We've been together for 6 years and have wanted to have a baby for 5 and a half, so we are beyond ready! I just made a preconception appointment for June because we want to start trying in September. Hoping to get under 200 by then, and continue to lose more while TTC, but know that whenever it happens I will be healthy enough. I also have PCOS and am taking Metformin. Otherwise healthy, so if I have to be plus size and pregnant, so be it! Life is too short and family too important.

Good luck to you ladies! Would also love some friends going through this as well so please add me! :)
  • nyc6945
    nyc6945 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I'm 36 with over 100 pounds to lose. My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for the last 6 months. I am really putting a focus on weight loss in hopes that will help. Would love the support.
  • agautney27
    agautney27 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello! if any of you are still looking for friends, add me! I too am trying to lose weight before getting pregnant. I am getting married next June and we want to start a family right away but I definitely want to be healthier. I think it'll improve our chances of getting pregnant as well as I will have a healthier pregnancy. It seems like everyday they come out with more reasons why its unsafe to get pregnant at an obese weight. I would love to look amazing in my wedding dress as well, but healthy babies is my biggest motivation. I would love to have some friends with the same goals as mine.