which exercise is the best for me

i am a person who have highs and low in exercising. I think I am very worry that I am do the wrong exercise from my body frame. I sit a lot in my job and I just wonder if I should stay away from exercise that deal with squats because I feel that it just add on to my hips and butt. Any suggestions

Replies

• Binky_Muffin
    Binky_Muffin Posts: 191 Member
    The best exercise is the one you stick with. Personally, I get the best results with walking because I do it everyday. Keep it simple. :smiley:
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,208 Member
    Muscles can't bulk up in a calorie deficit. So if you're losing weight, don't worry about your butt getting bigger. It won't.

• AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Cherimoose wrote: »
    Muscles can't bulk up in a calorie deficit. So if you're losing weight, don't worry about your butt getting bigger. It won't.

This. While eating on a defecit you won't build bulk there under that fat.
    Actually, you should be losing fat which in turn should reduce your hips and butt.
  • se300
    se300 Posts: 2 Member
    Unless you are squatting hundreds of pounds you aren't going to be adding enough muscle to increase you hip or butt size so there's really no need to worry on that account.
    Go for a brisk 20 min walk, enough that you start sweating a get a bit breathless. Then do 50 squats (no added weight) when you get home. You'll feel the burn!
    You could buy kettle bells - people have seen good results with kettle bell swings. I would avoid any overhead work with them early on though as you can screw up your shoulder if you haven't done that kind of exercise before
  • jacquifrench304
    jacquifrench304 Posts: 131 Member
    Try out different things , do a few classes or u tube videos , start a c25k, go out on an easy hiking trail or walk in a park . after you try a few different activities think about which one pushed you a little bit felt good or was fun , then challenge yourself , set a goal or 2 . For example holding a yoga balance pose for a whole min, doing 10 pull ups in a row , jog for 5 min without stopping , if you chose an exercise or sport that you enjoy and has increasing challenges for you there is a good chance you will continue ,just my view but a squat butt is a sexy butt
  • doe130
    doe130 Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks everyone, I like walk with my dogs as my high but my low is just throw the ball and letting dog do the run and me just standing. so I am going to add little bit of squats to add on and see if i can motivate to do more
  • jacquifrench304
    jacquifrench304 Posts: 131 Member
    The more often you do a little the better you feel , the more you can do , every time you get off the chair you are doing more than you did yesterday , and if you enjoy it you may do it tomorrow too!