200 days no smoking. 8lbs lost!

Options
KeepGoinGirl
KeepGoinGirl Posts: 60 Member
edited September 2015 in Success Stories
Today marks 200 days since I quit smoking and started on my path to being healthier. I am so proud of myself! Quitting smoking was hard, but I think my next goal is going to be harder. Losing 80lbs!
8 days ago I got back on MFP and started to focus on eating better, quitting drinking, and exercising. I have lost 8lbs so far and have not had a drink in 8 days. I have a long way to go but wanted to share.

Replies

• mamabearbartlett
    mamabearbartlett Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job. Quitting smoking is very tough. I have been smoke free for almost 2 years. Feel free to add me :smile: .
  • KeepGoinGirl
    Options
    Thanks! Invite sent!
  • dpaden25
    dpaden25 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! Also goals of mine. This smoking is not easy
  • sjkcarter
    sjkcarter Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Quitting smoking is really hard. I am on day 1. I have tried to quit many, many, many times, and I know how hard that is. I hope this time I can stick with. Congratulations, that is a huge success!!!!
  • KeepGoinGirl
    Options
    I tried quitting a million times as well. The last time I was just so fed up and angry with the cigarettes that I actually took out a big knife and hacked up the pack and cigarettes into little pieces. It felt really good! Like I was telling them that they had no power/control over me anymore. That was the last time I touched a cigarette.

Good luck to all of you, remember to stay strong, you are in control not your addiction!
  • MissGeorgiaPeachy
    MissGeorgiaPeachy Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm not a smoker, but I know plenty and I have seen how hard it is to quit so you are amazing!
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    congrats! I quit a little over 3 years ago and have not looked back ~ quit drinking too, but that sugar was replaced with other sugar that is slowing getting under control, lol ~ feel free to add me!
  • MissGeorgiaPeachy
    MissGeorgiaPeachy Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I tried quitting a million times as well. The last time I was just so fed up and angry with the cigarettes that I actually took out a big knife and hacked up the pack and cigarettes into little pieces. It felt really good! Like I was telling them that they had no power/control over me anymore. That was the last time I touched a cigarette.

Good luck to all of you, remember to stay strong, you are in control not your addiction!

I love this!
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. Your success in beating your nicotine addiction demonstrates you have what it takes to lose the weight too! Best wishes for continued success!
  • lynnyscot
    lynnyscot Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    congratulations - stopping smoking is so hard - its been 10 yrs this month for me and although its been a struggle at times it is the best thing for my health and wallet I have ever done!!! keep up the great work
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Successfully quit smoking five years ago, and I was a 2 pack a day-er. But I managed to put on 80 lbs since. I've now lost 60 of those, with 20 to go.

If I can do it, anyone can! You go, girl!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!