Just your average female... looking to gain about 15 Lbs.

Options
Just your average female... looking to gain about 15 llbs. I'm looking to add a tad bit more definition to my body, yet maintain a toned athletic build. I have issues digesting red meat... so I pretty much eat a lot of chicken and seafood. I've been eating like crazy today and still I'm nowhere near reaching my 2300 calorie goal... smh.
The struggle is real!... lol! :)

Replies

• britthen1210
    britthen1210 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I soooo feel your pain! This is my second stab at trying to gain weight and I also want to gain 15lbs. I found that eating a 3 good meals a day and having pb&j as a snack 3 times a day will definitely help add those calories. I've actually been going over my calories the last few days without even trying. Stay focused and you'll see the weight in no time :)
  • Shouliveshappy
    Shouliveshappy Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I have no problem eating 2400 calories, sometimes i just want moreeeeee! open up yr diary and we can see how it is?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    add calorie dense foods like bagels, ice cream, cookies, pasta, rice, etc. You are going to be miserable just bulking on chicken, fish, and vegetables. So yes, make sure you eat nutrient dense foods and hit micros, but there is nothing wrong with eating more calorie dense foods, once your micronutrient needs are met.

you may also want consider a mass gainer shake as well ...
  • HunieG36
    HunieG36 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone... PB&J is so filling. I get full really fast. Lol! Sometimes I feel like I'm forcing myself to eat. Lol! I'm new to FitnessPal so my apologies if I'm a little slow at responding... I appreciate the useful tips, I will definitely be putting them to good use. And I'll keep you guys posted on my results. :-)
  • L0VE3UG
    L0VE3UG Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I had a hard time getting in 2300 cals as well when I first started. I was taking in around 1500 at the time, so the extra 800 wasn't easy to get accustomed to. However, once I started making it to the gym on a regular and consistent basis, my appetite ramped up which helped.

I would suggest drinking calories if you find you get full really fast. Liquids pass through your stomach quicker than solid foods. I'll usually add a protein smoothie/shake in the mix each day to get those extra calories and macros in without having to "eat" something.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    HunieG36 wrote: »
    Hey everyone... PB&J is so filling. I get full really fast. Lol! Sometimes I feel like I'm forcing myself to eat. Lol! I'm new to FitnessPal so my apologies if I'm a little slow at responding... I appreciate the useful tips, I will definitely be putting them to good use. And I'll keep you guys posted on my results. :-)

then go with a good ice cream like Talenti ...two servings of talenti chocolate peanut butter cup is about 500 calories ....
  • Qiyyah
    Qiyyah Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm trying to gain 30 to 35 pound. Sumone told me to eat a lot of Protein but I don't know what's good to eat. Any advice will help thanx
  • Dez11B
    Dez11B Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    People might hate this but if you're eating super clean it's a little harder to reach your calorie goals. Have a snack and don't worry about what it is right now. Just make sure you don't dirty bulk and make sure you keep exercising
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    HunieG36 wrote: »

Then you can just eat the PB or do like others have suggested and add in a few calorific items that won't fill you up much. For me I don't find PB&J that filling really.
  • Shouliveshappy
    Shouliveshappy Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Salmon, beef, nuts, avocado are examples of high in calories
  • gailhamiltonstar964
    Options
    How to gain- that's the million dollar Q for me too. You are not alone. Do we just simply need the motivation to eat more and enjoy food?
  • catt952
    catt952 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Milkshakes at the end of the day?
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    No, average person trying to LOSE 40 lbs!